Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord why? Has he not been there and warned you already?

If he's got time off to spend with you, drive west and visit Lake Tahoe. You won't regret it.
He has not been there yet. I believe we'll have him Friday until Sunday for adventures. We looked, there's really nothing in Fallon but the base

Decided to use the little French teacup style light and came up with this idea to utilize the holes already in the fender.
First was a sacrificial light that had the bracket I was envisioning.
View attachment 241505
I then proceeded to drill out the rivets to it's mounting base. View attachment 241506
Once I had the bracket removed I used the light shell as a pattern and transferred it to the fender. Masked it off and cut out the slots with a Dremel.
View attachment 241507View attachment 241508
Mounted the bracket up through the fender.
View attachment 241509
I think it looks pretty clean. I wondered if the frenchy light was too small but it's growing on me.
View attachment 241510View attachment 241511View attachment 241512
Excellent work!

Took the bike for the first ride tonight and everything functions well. Tight with very little if any audible rattle for an old bike with a bunch of sheet metal. Changed out the seat for the test ride to make sure I didn't wipe out the saddle paint before photos.
IMG20230722171400.jpg

Oh, and get this ... The FedEx guy delivered a package and knocked over two bikes, one of them put a small scrape on the rear tail light. I was inside the house when I heard the crash and my heart sank. It's not too noticeable.
IMG20230722171430.jpg

Also got out and did a photoshoot... Not sure if I have my entry shot yet, and not positive I'm done yet. I'm out of town next weekend so today may have been it for photos.
received_815393856786603.jpeg

Took the bike for the first ride tonight and everything functions well. Tight with very little if any audible rattle for an old bike with a bunch of sheet metal. Changed out the seat for the test ride to make sure I didn't wipe out the saddle paint before photos.
View attachment 242301
Oh, and get this ... The FedEx guy delivered a package and knocked over two bikes, one of them put a small scrape on the rear tail light. I was inside the house when I heard the crash and my heart sank. It's not too noticeable.
View attachment 242303
Also got out and did a photoshoot... Not sure if I have my entry shot yet, and not positive I'm done yet. I'm out of town next weekend so today may have been it for photos.View attachment 242304
IMG_1709.gif

Also got out and did a photoshoot... Not sure if I have my entry shot yet, and not positive I'm done yet. I'm out of town next weekend so today may have been it for photos.
received_815393856786603.jpeg
Usually I suggest that a bike be put in front of a contrasting color so it pops. For some reason, this time, grey really works. That's an awesome photo. Really shows off what you were doing here. Only improvement I could suggest would be to get it on the deck of a carrier... That's not asking too much, is it?

View attachment 242301
View attachment 242303
Also got out and did a photoshoot... Not sure if I have my entry shot yet, and not positive I'm done yet. I'm out of town next weekend so today may have been it for photos.View attachment 242304
Awesome 😎

View attachment 242347Usually I suggest that a bike be put in front of a contrasting color so it pops. For some reason, this time, grey really works. That's an awesome photo. Really shows off what you were doing here. Only improvement I could suggest would be to get it on the deck of a carrier... That's not asking too much, is it?
Thanks for the kind words. I think the bike gets a little lost in this shot. Maybe Crash here on the forum can pull some strings and get me that aircraft carrier deck shot!

Thanks for the kind words. I think the bike gets a little lost in this shot. Maybe Crash here on the forum can pull some strings and get me that aircraft carrier deck shot!
Bring it down here. We can get it on the Yorktown 😄

Back