another Craigslist find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
drove 100 miles 1 way to get these. First is a (i dunno) 26" girls bike. Red stripe Bendix hub. What is that? I may do a gender swap on it, not sure. I like it.
Next is an older? Iverson kids bike, solid tires, coaster brake. Plastic Troxel seat (cracked). Convertible. Tank is removable. Whats its age and value?
DSCI0271.jpg

DSCI0272.jpg

DSCI0273.jpg

DSCI0274.jpg

serial #463110 088833 or D88833
DSCI0275.jpg

DSCI0276.jpg

Iverson kids serial on right dropout 9 7067
DSCI0277.jpg

DSCI0278.jpg

DSCI0279.jpg

The womens bike is a Murray built. It's from the early 60's and from the ____liner series of bikes. I had a Sears Flightliner from 1963 with that same chainguard. In 1964 they switched to a different style.

This may or may not be a Sears branded bike. Murray built that same frame for many brands.

I just went down and washed them both. Sears tires on the gals bike.
The Iverson washed up like NEW. Just a lil bit of rust on the wheels. Shiney paint. Almost looks new. Found instructions under the tank.. Not yellowed too much. Like a 10 year old paper. Not real rusty under tank. I am baffled. Repop Iverson? Its decals on the triple tree type front forks....
DSCI0283.jpg

Those decals look like reflector tape, which was an aftermarket accessory. They are a pain to remove so you probably should just leave them on.

As for the Sears bike, I'm thinking an early 60's Flightliner. A decent parts bike, but I wouldn't try to save it. It looks like spray paint and thats worse than the brush on stuff.

Latest posts

Back