Another "Roth" Build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sensor said:
icyuod2 said:
danger will robinson, danger!

your crossing over to the world of hot rodding.
no self respecting rat rodder would use that fibergunk.
theres no place for fibergunk in the world of cold hard steel.
:lol:
close.....thats street rodding.
not hot rodding :wink:
its not really hard to do.....just hope youre not allergic to it(youll find out real quick if you are once you start sanding it.....and no i dont mean being itchy :!: )
are you thinking of using kitty hair,tiger hair,or mat and gel coat?
I have no idea... That's what I need to find out. Which is best?

depends on how your gonna do it.
if your using a mold/release, i'd use the fiberous stuff (it's easier to pack into corners etc)
if your covering a form, i'd use the cloth.

i'd also pick up coloring and match the resin as close to your final paint as possible.
it will act like a primer and make it easier to paint (fewer coats) but also if you ever chip your paint, the fiberglass underneath will be a similar color.

icyuod2 said:
depends on how your gonna do it.
if your using a mold/release, i'd use the fiberous stuff (it's easier to pack into corners etc)
if your covering a form, i'd use the cloth.

i'd also pick up coloring and match the resin as close to your final paint as possible.
it will act like a primer and make it easier to paint (fewer coats) but also if you ever chip your paint, the fiberglass underneath will be a similar color.

Good info,

Too cool, Mr. Nickel...Roth is one of my fabrication heroes, up there with Indian Larry, my Grandpap, and a dude named Melvin. The venerable Dr. Tankenstein addressed this before, but I dig Roth's trikes big time, would be cool for a pedal version with a Roth influence...maybe there are and I haven't seen it. But I digress...
I just wanted to turn you on to a book..."Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth, his Life, Times, Cars and Art" by Pat Ganahl...a really cool history on him and his stuff...if the local library can't get it, amazon has the paperback for $19...it might give you some Big Daddy zen for your build...take care

Merrick said:
Too cool, Mr. Nickel...Roth is one of my fabrication heroes, up there with Indian Larry, my Grandpap, and a dude named Melvin. The venerable Dr. Tankenstein addressed this before, but I dig Roth's trikes big time, would be cool for a pedal version with a Roth influence...maybe there are and I haven't seen it. But I digress...
I just wanted to turn you on to a book..."Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth, his Life, Times, Cars and Art" by Pat Ganahl...a really cool history on him and his stuff...if the local library can't get it, amazon has the paperback for $19...it might give you some Big Daddy zen for your build...take care
Already have it...I picked it up last time I was at Summit! And I am a fan of all of roths work but im really not much of a trike guy. I'm not sure why but it hasn't ever really interested me! Thanks for the info Mr. Meerrick! :wink:

Latest posts

Back