Another Schwinn HD built.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this project was started for my brother. I gave him the Heavy Duti bike. I stripped it down and sent the frame to get painted, he said he always wanted to paint a motorcycle flat black with red rims and white wall tires. But since he doesnt want to do that to his Harley just yet, we said what the heck, lets see how it'll look on a bike. So then the frame and chain guard were sent to get paint, after we got them back my brother decided he wanted some pin stripes on it. So then we sent it off to get pin stripped. So we got them back and put them up for a bit. Ok so now it was time for the rims, originally we looked for red rims, went to shops around town but they asked for too much, so we stripped them down sent them to get powder got them back and respoked them. So far the bike is coming out pretty good. So im going to post the only few pictures I have of the project so far. I did put it together last night but it is not the finished product yet, give me some ideas on a seat and some bars. I do have the chainguard but not in the pix, that will be coming soon.
photo19.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

Excellent choice of red. It can be a hard color to get in a complimentary hue. Also the sprocket is real cool. What vintage is the frame? It is pretty interesting looking.....

Frame looks to be a newer unit as it's welded and not brazed and the dropout have the logo stamped in them. Cool looking newer prewar style frame though.

quicksilver said:
Excellent choice of red. It can be a hard color to get in a complimentary hue. Also the sprocket is real cool. What vintage is the frame? It is pretty interesting looking.....

the frame is really not that old, its from a Heavy Duti Schwinn.

TommyTwoTime said:
Nice. Did you do your own pin striping. I wish I could :?
We took it to get pinstriped by some guy who does it on cars. My painter did the one on the forks and the one on my Typhoon.

Back