Another weekend gone...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I ended up with from the fresh find I posted last week. Merged it with an old ladies Huffy 3-Speed that was dumped behind the LBS. These guys toss 3-5 bikes a week and are basically in my backyard. Scary...lol.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Hand made brass tank, pin-striped, jockey shifter. 3-speed is not working. My 9 year old son took it off the Huffy and I think he might have "misplaced" a part. Any help would be appreciated on how it works. It's a Shimano internal 3-speed. Thanks for looking! This one's fer' sale!

Also took some shots of stuff I haven't photographed yet.

7 yo Daughter's 20" Bratz modified. Every girl on the street fights to ride this one. She just upgraded to this from a 16" Stingray.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9 yo Son's rat. He built it himself and I striped it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Finally, after many cold ones and late into last night...

Daughter's retired Stingray from above undergoing some re-assignment surgery and merging with a 20" girl's Walmart Huffy junkster...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Nahhh....

Yeah!
3.jpg

4.jpg

Happy place...
5.jpg

Have a great week everbody!

Dude, just the basics on early shimano three speed repair/adjustments: 2nd gear is your neutral, so put your shifter on 2 and adjust the cable till the "N" with the circle and line (looks like a simplified key-hole) shows up perfectly in the window on your bell crank (a little cleaning is usually needed to see things clearly back there). By the way the bell crank is the weird little thing that pushes the rod in the middle of the rear axle and attaches to the cable. Good luck and I'll see you in the funny pages - Mark the Sasquach P.S. if you have lost the rod, keep in mind that there are (or were, as the case may be) two sizes of rods for those old hubs... One long and one short for coaster or freewheel models, I forget which is which but when I'm faced with this issue I just try and try again until I get things right (even pros play by trial and error sometimes) - MK

invizibletouch said:
This is what I ended up with from the fresh find I posted last week. Merged it with an old ladies Huffy 3-Speed that was dumped behind the LBS. These guys toss 3-5 bikes a week and are basically in my backyard. Scary...lol.

2.jpg

(snip)

sweet! how come that's such a cool look on yours, but it didn't look anywhere near as good on mine?

murrmock01.jpg

Maybe it's them big fenders that were twice as wide as the tires...

--rick

Mark the sasquach: As I figured, the rod is missing. Can't I just jam a nail in there or something? It's a freewheel model. Thanks for the info!

ParkRNDL: Yeah man the fenders are a little wide. I mocked some up on mine and decided against it. Actually though, I have the skinny fenders from the Huffy and I didn't even try them. I used some fat older ones. Maybe I'll bolt them up. :?:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Back