Any Street -Boise updated 2-13-09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I live in the an old part of Boise,ID. My house was built in 1905. With my 2 kids, there are about 8 kids that rule the sidewalk with bikes and such. Here is a link to my daily commute. I strap a helmet cam to my handlebars.(long and boring,but the first half is a nice tree lined street)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIquQBD6GM
street2.jpg

Re: Any Street -Boise

Ok there ought to be a rule where you have to take at least one picture down your street.
That way we wont wind up with 5000 roof pictures. Especially since you live in an old neighborhood with really cool old houses.
Your youtube video sounds like you ride a big wheel to work. :lol:

You were BUZZIN!......I'm outa breath!....That right hand turn on to the one way street, then you drifted over to the bike lane on the left, I was yelling "WHAT"S HE DOING?" ( didn't know it was a one way). Thanks for sharing!

I really like that part of Boise... I have lived in Several places in Boise (both on the bench off of Vista), and one in Meridan. Some day when I dont have to earn a living any more I'll move back to Idaho. My little brother just bought a house in Boise and works for BMC west. Im not really sure where his new place is...

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok there ought to be a rule where you have to take at least one picture down your street.
That way we wont wind up with 5000 roof pictures. Especially since you live in an old neighborhood with really cool old houses.
Your youtube video sounds like you ride a big wheel to work. :lol:

I will get better pics. Promise

KOTA said:
You were BUZZIN!......I'm outa breath!....That right hand turn on to the one way street, then you drifted over to the bike lane on the left, I was yelling "WHAT"S HE DOING?" ( didn't know it was a one way). Thanks for sharing!

I ride that everyday and pretty well have it timed. But I hate having the bike lane on the left hand side of the road.

MonsterMetal said:
I really like that part of Boise... I have lived in Several places in Boise (both on the bench off of Vista), and one in Meridan. Some day when I dont have to earn a living any more I'll move back to Idaho.

Plenty of money to be had in Boise. :wink:

cman said:
Plenty of money to be had in Boise. :wink:

Yeah... Show me where I can make 200K a year in Idaho as a welder and im there.. But I dont think it is gonna happen. I have a 10 year plan to save enough to come back and buy a house cash so I can spend my time working on my stuff rather than someone elses..

I

Re: Any Street -Boise updated pics.

Man oh man...looks like Mayberry! :D

Would be great to have a nice front porch like that.

I love big front porches. Ur lucky dude. "We live on front porches and swing life away" <-- good song, Rise Against--Swing Life Away is the nameb

Front porches are the best. We sit outside at night while the kids ride their bikes. Of course it is cluttered with 4 or 5 bikes :D

I rode to the LBS at lunch today on the Greenbelt. The Greenbelt runs for 25 miles from Eagle,ID out to Lucky Peak State Park along the Boise River. The Boise section runs right next to downtown.

View of downtown and foothills.
0213091218.jpg

Ann Frank Memorial
0213091219.jpg

Friendship Bridge
0213091221a.jpg

0213091222.jpg

0213091220.jpg

Rat Rod said:
I can see why you ride your bike all the time....nice things to ride by! :D

Plus everything I need is close. Work is 2 miles from home, Downtown 2.5- 3 miles. Anything under 2 miles is quicker by bike.

Yeah...from my neighborhood in the suburbs there isn't that much to see....a Wal-Mart....a Super Target...and lots of cars going 55mph all over the place. :roll:

Back