Anybody RC?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone else into Rc stuff? 4WD elecrtic or gas. on road or off post it here. I'm a fan of the 4WD drift.

I'm not in the video it's only to show what drift RC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TraYbBVRH4

P1040366.jpg

P1040369.jpg

P1040370.jpg

P1040371.jpg

P1040364.jpg

P1040368.jpg

I fly RC planes, only electric Park Flyers and Indoor stuff now. Used to fly bigger planes at a club field but got tired of the politics :( .

I also used to race On Road Electric and Nitro, and was lucky enough to win a State Championship in 2000 for Stock Electric Tourers.....all went downhill from there and the new young guys started whipping me :oops: .

I like them but my brother is the only one that has them, one is an old blue Toyota from I believe the early 80's, slash 4x4 and tons of different bodies, chassis and parts that just fill up boxes.

He also used to sell them in West Palm Fl brought in a lot of customers at one place then let him go after he got so many people then worked at another then the same thing and both shops lost those customers and went out of business.

Done mostly control line airplanes, but did build a two channel RC plane from a plan back in the early 1970's. It was a profile fuselage RC Nobler with a Fox .50. No throttle. Had a MRC radio. Rudder and elevator only. Crashed and rebuilt it several times as you had to land it on a dead stick! Flew it for a couple of years and by the time I stopped flying it, don't think there was an original piece on it except for the engine and the servos. Thanks!!!

I've had a few RC10s, a Tamiya Willie's Wheeler (I think), and a Nanda gas buggy. I still have a Parma California Sport Truck, uncut and unpainted body, in the original box. I also recently picked up a vintage gold pan RC10 sitting on equally clean Proline billet wheels.

Sweet those RC10's are Sweet, I had an RC10B2 last summer but I hooked the front wheel on an obstacle and tore the front end right off of it.

i colect old 1980's electric 1:10 offroad and 1/8 1980's 4x4s. :mrgreen:

I wanted to get a nice F-350 truck with nice suspension until I found out they were $700 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a few RC10s, 4 Mini LSTs, an E-Maxx, a Revo, an older RS4 nitro, a Piper Cub Park Flyer, and a CX2 helicopter. Unfortunately I haven't had time recently to enjoy them, and with the storm activity lately it will be a while before I do. My wife says I am worse than a little kid I just tell her that I am enjoying the things I could not when I was younger and broke. Besides she likes to play with the E-Maxx and her mini LST. My two girls also enjoy the minis when I am home it is not unusual to find the Burner family racing little trucks around the front yard.
I always tell my wife that growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I ran 10 and 12 scale electric dirt and carpet back in the day (late 80's).Stock and Modified

I bent the rules til I broke them.

If it aint in the rule book it aint cheatin'...right?

Those cars flew...and nobody knew.

I stll have them,but thers no tracks around here any more...and I am sad

Aw I can tell yas some storys about racing at the carpet track...We never had a problem with the dirt racers.

HEH...it almost came to blows...and it wasnt me this time.

I just sat back and laughed.

I started playing with Tamiya then raced and won with Associated .

Id like to get me a gasser...(but they are a greasy mess and they dont start if you look at them wrong)

I've seen them run.

They are LIGHTNING FAST.

I mainly drive a beater e-maxx. the original one w/narrow arms. I have put wide maxx arms on, 6061 t-maxx chassis, cvds, Evx-2(awaiting purchase), 550 or 555 motors( need to purchase), 3 bodies, swampers, jumbo swampers, jumbo kongs, metal spur. My dad has helped out as much as he can with it. It was a x-mas gift from him. He's got a thunder king, and a stampede. Right now mine needs a new tranny from a 3905, motors, battries, and a waterproof speed control. I love the water. Some other upgrades, RPM F/R bumpers, spooled rear. I'll try to get pics if intrested.

MagicRat said:
Id like to get me a gasser...(but they are a greasy mess and they dont start if you look at them wrong)

I've seen them run.

They are LIGHTNING FAST.

I had a Winner's Circle 1/4 scale sprint car, it had a 23cc Zenoah motor. That thing would fly. I had to sell it to pay for some tickets, that was a sad day.

You ran quarter scale? ^

For the price you paid for that Ida bought me a 2 stroke go kart and strapped myself in for the ride.

I wish I had a fraction of the cabbage now that I sank into those toys.

MagicRat said:
You ran quarter scale? ^

For the price you paid for that Ida bought me a 2 stroke go kart and strapped myself in for the ride.

I wish I had a fraction of the cabbage now that I sank into those toys.

Yeah it was about 20 years ago. It was a sight to see when you got eight of them on the track screaming at top speed. I paid more for that 1/4 scale than I did for my first car. The part that stinks I practically gave it away I sold it for about 1/4 of what I had in it, but I did get the tickets dismissed.

I will see if I can dig up any pictures. At a distance it was hard to tell it wasn't real

I used to be in to the scale 4x4 scene with a Losi mrc converted to a scaler. Before that I've had a couple of drifters, rc10b4, emaxx and a tamiya mini. The only reason I got out of it was bad timing of life events. I got sick of not using my hands with a satisying hobby that I started tooling with bikes.

THATS HOW IT STARTS...^

Next its a vacuum cleaner in your wallet.

(ask me how I know)

Back