Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: does anyone know or would measure the distance of a schwinn style springer fork from the wheel hub bolt holes to the "pivot point" that connects to the bottom of the steerer tube (looks around 15" to 16" or so)? I will be starting the bow saw fork fab soon and I dont have any dimensions: this would be a great start..........thanx
You’re on the money.
IMG_1195.jpeg

Cool. Thanx, @Pondo I didn't have anything to go by so I found a couple of pics where the 26" wheel and fork were a good profile relative to the viewing angle and took a measurement off the printed page. Then extracted that measurement to determine the distance from the hub to the pivot point - hence around 15" to 16". That method isn't perfect but it gets me close..........was this TMI?? 😂

Cool. Thanx, @Pondo I didn't have anything to go by so I found a couple of pics where the 26" wheel and fork were a good profile relative to the viewing angle and took a measurement off the printed page. Then extracted that measurement to determine the distance from the hub to the pivot point - hence around 15" to 16". That method isn't perfect but it gets me close..........was this TMI?? 😂
TMI? Not at all. Excellent deduction my dear Watson. Well played.
Oh BTW, the fork in your pic has the 2 main blades whereas I have seen some with 2 main blades and 2 "minor" blades. Is that significant?
I think the difference is that my fork is from a modern cheapo Schwinn, the 2 blade version is probably from when they were still a US company and better quality.

1717334071184.png

I might almost be ready to pull something in. Been really hectic around here. Between graduation, a free golf cart, epileptic seizures, kidney stones, moving my daughter across the 4 states, 80th Bday for my dad and driving over 2200 miles in the last 8 days I'm pretty wore out.

My Creative juices are non-existant at this point. I have two ready for something. Just not sure what yet. It is my 10 year buildoff anniversary,my first one was BONINE....

I can Customize this:
20240604_190327.jpg

20240604_190315.jpg

Or this:
20240604_190035.jpg
20240604_190046.jpg

Got them both for $$free.99 along the way back from Mantua. Was stranded in Beaver on Monday for 5 hours.

I might almost be ready to pull something in. Been really hectic around here. Between graduation, a free golf cart, epileptic seizures, kidney stones, moving my daughter across the 4 states, 80th Bday for my dad and driving over 2200 miles in the last 8 days I'm pretty wore out.

My Creative juices are non-existant at this point. I have two ready for something. Just not sure what yet. It is my 10 year buildoff anniversary,my first one was BONINE....

I can Customize this:
View attachment 268517
View attachment 268518
Or this:
View attachment 268519View attachment 268520
Got them both for $$free.99 along the way back from Mantua. Was stranded in Beaver on Monday for 5 hours.
Trike!!

I can Customize this:
View attachment 268517
View attachment 268518
Or this:
View attachment 268519View attachment 268520

Wow, that is an eventful year so far man! Jump in and celebrate 10 years of build offs though!! Of those two, I think the trike offers more options to do you magic and have fun!
Or blend them together and make a motorized trike.

Wow, that is an eventful year so far man! Jump in and celebrate 10 years of build offs though!! Of those two, I think the trike offers more options to do you magic and have fun!
Or blend them together and make a motorized trike.
Yes the last 40 days have been quite eventful. Good, bad and in between.

I've given a little thought into combining the two. That 4-stroke, although much quieter than the 2-strokes is also 3" wider than the 2 strokes.

I will start with the trike as soon as I come up with a plan. Budget is tight. I will change classes and Add the engine after, if there is time.

Primary Goal will be to complete
👍

Glad to see the forum back up. Just to be clear, I haven't posted for two days, so it wasn't me overloading the servers with photo uploads. 🤣🤣🤣

Hey all RatRodBike builders in RRB BO 19! Remember that Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon North American Central Time on July 31st, 2024!

Back