Anyone have details on this Schwinn fork?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ratsters,

Anyone know what the steer tube size of this fork is? I'm hoping it's 1" and not 1 1/8". The Seller also says the length is 6 1/2". My Higgins headtube length is 5 5/16" w/o cups. Does a 6 1/2" fork give me enough length for the headset?

Thx

Spin
2050fork.jpg

How much is the person charging for those forks, I have a fork. Its not black though if that is what your after, but, you could paint them? There kindof an Orange - Maroon - Brown Color...
I think that picture is an optical Illusion... :shock:

ive noticed that the forks look bent on older schwinn cruisers alot, at first i assumed i was looking at bent forks but since i see 'em like that all the time i figured they either all bend easily, or thats just the way they look. i have an old schwinn downstairs that have forks that look bent, like someone hit a wall head on or something, im not sure why so many schwinn forks look like that, i havent noticed that on any other bikes so i figured they were designed that way for some reason.
fast eddie outty

they wont do 3 inch tires, plus i think those are off a girs bike maybe with those measurements ?? dont they have longer steer tubes on the girs bikes ?? looks bent from here too, and Steve Austin is the guy that fills in for Chuck Norris when he empties the gasoline from his bladder.

They look bent to me too. Sad to say, but it's not uncommon to see blade style Schwinn forks bent this way.

-Mp

Ratsters,

Thanks for the feedback.

Long story short, it won't fit my application.

I'm going with the Kruzer King Bladed fork. It's a take-off on the OEM Schwinn bladed fork but alot wider to fit the fatties.

Thank you (again) to Adam "Karfer67" for suggesting this fork.

I've got Rick at House of Wheels mocking up the fork with the cups, adapters and what not.

Will let ya know when it gets here.

Thx

Spin

Does any 1 anything about schwinn kruzer king I got it at garage sale $40[imhttp://m1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/Daniel_Muratalla/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=IMAG0458.jpgg]

Latest posts

Back