Anyone here customize slot cars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way Cool now we are talking . are these Wing Sars ... Did you glue race ???

Before Drag Racing I was caught up in Gp 12 / 15 Wing Cars 1nc a week on a pinched Blue King With a healthy bank ....160 ft
had Wing cars that would make what is it... 3 lefts & 4 right turns or vise versa ... cant remember ...in rite at 3.oo0 / 2.90 seconds on real good nite ... 3 min heats ... lol Man What EPIC Wars in Racing LOL

You haven't lived till you glue raced . Any one here done this .

I can't imagin hot the Gp. 7 Open guys did it .... 2.0 1.97 lap times on the King ... a blur

ALSO ... Do any of you still have a Comercial track still open in the hood ??

Hi all. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I was SERIOUSLY into the slot car scene in the 1960s, after I got an Eldon set for X-mas back in '62 (which I gave to a friend to add to his own set around '65), graduating to Pittman and Mobuchi-powered, scratch built cars that soaked up all my spare cash. Anyone out there do their own rewinds? My friends and I used to, with varying results :lol:

Getting back to that Goat, here's a history lesson: A guy named Herb Adams took his wife's '64 Tempest, put a destroked Poncho in it (303 CID) and went Trans-Am racing. Google to find out more.

aka_locojoe said:
Wingman said:
ALSO ... Do any of you still have a Comercial track still open in the hood ??

I recall this post viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10962
Thanks for that link, never saw that thread before. 8) Started on a new car. I have a little Willys that was set up for the newer digital track (headlights,tailights, lane change) and it was red with dorky graphics. Gutted all of the unnecessary wires and weight, painted it metalflake lime. There's a slot car shop a little north from me, need to check him out and see what he's got. I'd love to find a decent motor and some drag wheels and tires, but it seems like there's almost nothing for 1/32 drag racing. :(

IMG_3553.jpg

Latest posts

Back