anyone know what this is?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi - anyone know what this is? thanks...blkjak

364523101.jpg

364523125.jpg

364523132.jpg

364523138.jpg

364523145.jpg

364523149.jpg

thanks again ... blkjak :mrgreen:

its a BICYCLE!

sorry, couldn't help myself!
More specific?
It's a LADIES bicycle!
:lol:
no offense

I am working on a bike with an almost identical frame, and the fenders are the exact same shape. It has almost identical one piece bars and stem as well. It appears to be newer version of my bike. It is a german built bicycle. NSU is the brand. Mine had 28" wheels among lots of other interesting features. NSU is the same company that invented the rotary engine. They are mostly known for motorcycles.

Hope this helps..

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

bikebuilder said:
I am working on a bike with an almost identical frame, and the fenders are the exact same shape. It has almost identical one piece bars and stem as well. It appears to be newer version of my bike. It is a german built bicycle. NSU is the brand. Mine had 28" wheels among lots of other interesting features. NSU is the same company that invented the rotary engine. They are mostly known for motorcycles.

Hope this helps..

thanks for the info. what are your plans for your "nsu". blkjak :mrgreen:

I have two frames just like that, one I cut up one Im keeping. First was missing any id but from what I was told here it was german, had the same lugged frame and fork and crank. Both of mine came with a archer 3 speed.

blkjak said:
what are your plans for your "nsu". blkjak :mrgreen:

I bought mine for parts. I took the headlight, generator, bell, and three speed hub for other projects. One 28" rim and both tires were rotted. I have a neighbor that was interested in fixing an old bike. I told them they could have it if they fixed it up. Somehow I ended up fixing it for her. She and my wife are friends...There was a conversation without me, and I am fixing a bike. :? It is going to be a fun build. I stretched the fenders out to be wider which which shrank the arch of the fenders down to a 26" fender curve. I picked up some whitewall tires for it yesterday. I painted the bike gloss black. I am either going to paint the rims white to make the tires look bigger or paint them black and stencil some gold designs on the center of the rims.

What are your plans?

What's the vintage of these bikes. The cranks look "modern", 'ya know what I mean? High tech for the day...Dig those fenders!

bikebuilder said:
blkjak said:
what are your plans for your "nsu". blkjak :mrgreen:

I bought mine for parts. I took the headlight, generator, bell, and three speed hub for other projects. One 28" rim and both tires were rotted. I have a neighbor that was interested in fixing an old bike. I told them they could have it if they fixed it up. Somehow I ended up fixing it for her. She and my wife are friends...There was a conversation without me, and I am fixing a bike. :? It is going to be a fun build. I stretched the fenders out to be wider which which shrank the arch of the fenders down to a 26" fender curve. I picked up some whitewall tires for it yesterday. I painted the bike gloss black. I am either going to paint the rims white to make the tires look bigger or paint them black and stencil some gold designs on the center of the rims.

What are your plans?
i have 2 other bikes that i need to start working on; a daily driver to rat, and a sunday driver to restore. i just don't know what to do with the german bike? blkjak :mrgreen:

Back