anyone make an english fender wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.harborfreight.com/english-wh ... 65177.html

I haven't used this, so can't comment on quality or anything. Harbor Freight sells some good stuff and some cheap crap.

I've seen the motorcycle shows where they're using one of these to make gas tanks. It's one of those things where they make it look so easy. I have a sneaky suspicion that the guys that can make a good gas tank with one of these could probably make one with a ball peen hammer, too; that is, it's more craftsmanship/ artisanship than it is the tool. And if that's the case, you might find one used for much cheaper than the new price.

I think what Joe means is a fender roller. They made them years ago, had different sets of wheels for different fender profiles. Once in a blue moon, one'll turn up on ebay, but the usually sell for $300+. Wish I had one! -Adam

This might sound a little low budget but I just take a ball peen hammer and gently tap them out over a bench vise with an anvil built in or you can use a wood center from a baseball, or anything really.

Rustinkerer said:
I think what Joe means is a fender roller. They made them years ago, had different sets of wheels for different fender profiles. Once in a blue moon, one'll turn up on ebay, but the usually sell for $300+. Wish I had one! -Adam
Adam that is exactly what I am looking for.. I am going to keep my eye out for one!!

Back