Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man it's slow going. Mocked up a side stand using a old motorcycle stablizer bar & turn screw. Chose a old miner's carbide lamp for the headlight.

Kinda looks like this rascal is heading toward a turn-of-century look.

I thinking of "painting" the frame using a blacksmith beeswax; applied using a brush & torching process. The handlebars, crank set & wheels will be aged bronze; at least that the plan.

ArtifacKickStnd_zps20dc675c.jpg

ArtifacLite_zpsac0a6534.jpg

I thinking of "painting" the frame using a blacksmith beeswax; applied using a brush & torching process. The handlebars, crank set & wheels will be aged bronze; at least that the plan.

Good plan.:)

Frustrating & fun all at the same time. Fabbed up springs for seat and hate them. Will fab up rigid struts from copper & brass tubing. Added plate disc on the wheels. Got an idea or two for some handgrips; hope to have a proto Thursday.

ArtifacRearDisc_zpse87da38c.jpg

I really like the artistic and mechanical creativity that you are putting into this build. I look forward to each update.

Frustrating & fun all at the same time. Fabbed up springs for seat and hate them. Will fab up rigid struts from copper & brass tubing. Added plate disc on the wheels. Got an idea or two for some handgrips; hope to have a proto Thursday.

ArtifacRearDisc_zpse87da38c.jpg
Those plate look cool, looking forward to seeing the finished seat mounts!

Luke.

I've never seen ornate heim joints...very cool!
Fordsnake,
Wish I could have used heim joints. I have this bad habit of using what is around the shop or local hardware store. I used eyelet bolts, connectors, metal bushings, lamp metal rosettes, copper & brass plumbing pipe to make the faux struts.

Last edited:
Loving this bike more and more I wish I could work with copper and brass the way you can

Grasscutta,
I built the struts with bolt & screw on system; no soldering required. The hard part is designing the work around in lieu of welding or soldering; however, sometimes you have no choice.

Go grab some pipe & joints and do your thing.

If it can rust let it

Latest posts

Back