Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tight truss rods around the head tube.. Who would have thought of that!
nice...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the way you are using the steampunk theme using the very practical things needed on a bike to express it.
It is adding up to a great expression of how the alternative bike might have been.
One thing here is each steampunk bike has come up with different ways to add detail and express the builders own style.
I am looking forward to your other touches to come.

Sometimes simplistic is best. Took copper rod and bent into eyelet & U Loop to make the lamp bracket. The lamp will be attached to the fork (on the side).

ArtifacLampBrac_zps335baa0b.jpg

Sometimes simplistic is best. Took copper rod and bent into eyelet & U Loop to make the lamp bracket. The lamp will be attached to the fork (on the side).

ArtifacLampBrac_zps335baa0b.jpg

This is very cool looking. Actually, this whole build is very cool looking.

sLowly moving forward. Liberated these struts from a old rear rack and attached them to the front fork.

ArtifacFrontStrut1_zpsd36ef50f.jpg

I like how the sprocket turned out, how well do you think the paint will last though ?
That's one of the issues I'm unsure of, as I also have a steamy build going.

I like how the sprocket turned out, how well do you think the paint will last though ?
That's one of the issues I'm unsure of, as I also have a steamy build going.

I have used this process for the last three years with great results. I will apply three coats of flat clear strictly for overkill purposes.

I have used this process for the last three years with great results. I will apply three coats of flat clear strictly for overkill purposes.

Please note that blacksmiths have been annealing raw iron works with beeswax to prevent rust & repel water; great sealer.

Back