Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the 50% mark of completing this beast; @ this rate I might finish by the deadline. The rear under the seat reflector is history and may resurface without the rod some where else on the build.

Artifac502_zps6eafe329.jpg

Love this bike! So many cool details. That green on the tires really reminds me of the old Harley green.

Love this bike! So many cool details. That green on the tires really reminds me of the old Harley green.
KF,
Now that you mention it the pea green is very similar to the old harley green.

I appreciate your comments.

What color and brand paint did you use? I may steal that when I build my Harley Davis-son.

What color and brand paint did you use? I may steal that when I build my Harley Davis-son.

KF,

Bought this elastomeric paint from Lowe's; it was on the mistake shelf for $5.00. I can send you paint chip so you can match it.

Okay, fabbed a crude front fender mockup; on the fence as to whether this will make it on the build.

ArtifacFender_zpsbb186351.jpg

Okay, fabbed a crude front fender mockup; on the fence as to whether this will make it on the build.

ArtifacFender_zpsbb186351.jpg
Aww man you Kwazy Wratter!! That's great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hard to say without seeing it mocked on the bike. Personally, I think it looks great without fenders.

How about some of the thinner tubing (1/4 inch?) going down each side of the fender. Might make it a little more delicate looking?
Initially, I tried 1/4 & way too busy looking with all the clamps.

Looks like they will see life on a future chunkier build.

I'm not sure what the fender things are for?

I'm all for putting all kinds of doodads on a bike, but its a delicate balance to make sure you don't over do it. Not that you are, everything is looking great so far.

I'm not sure what the fender things are for?

I'm all for putting all kinds of doodads on a bike, but its a delicate balance to make sure you don't over do it. Not that you are, everything is looking great so far.

No reasonable purpose; just doodads. Some make the cut, this one won't. However, I will probably use this design element on a future build, which will be in keeping with that build. Restraint in build-offs is tough; doodads are addictive.

You can't be afraid to try anything on your build, but you also can't be afraid to pull it off the build.
There are probably at least 10+ ideas that I have tried on my build that aren't making the final cut.

Latest posts

Back