Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KF,

Thanks much for your valued comments. I'm hungry for a sammich.

You and me both!! I am getting tired of playing with cardboard. :)

Looks like the rod brakes will be modified to a single front plunger style brake. The plunger brake was the first brake used at the turn of the century.

I am fabbing a pivot to create a pull-push system to still use the rod handle. The plunger brake will rub the top side of the tire to stop. Fred Flintstone technology for sure. Pics to follow

Looks like the rod brakes will be modified to a single front plunger style brake. The plunger brake was the first brake used at the turn of the century.

I am fabbing a pivot to create a pull-push system to still use the rod handle. The plunger brake will rub the top side of the tire to stop. Fred Flintstone technology for sure. Pics to follow
Another build in the build-off with a friction brake! Cool!
Trying to remember now who had the other one...

Luke.

This is the plunger brake I will be fabbing

brakes3_zpsb717f238.jpg

Cool idea even if it does look like a face plant waiting to happen!

UF,

Sometimes keeping it authentic is overrated. Tried the prototype plunger brake; not impressed. Going back to rod brakes. The downside is that I can't age the rims to match the frame. The rod brakes work best with smooth chrome. Rats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this is coming along very nicely :113: I love the seat, and i've always wanted to make some rod brakes. I cant wait to see how you do the linkage!

Lookin good. One of these days I need to build a bike using copper. It just has a cool look to it.

Back