Atkins Silver Bullet? 60s bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A guy I'm buying another bike from has offered me this bike as well. He said it's a 60s bike, that it's an Atkins (Murray made) Silver Bullet?

011.jpg

I think I'll get it for $35, but I don't know what I'd do with it.

That would be nice to make a dressed up townie with. Leather saddle, single speed, basket or Porteur rack etc...

cman said:
That would be nice to make a dressed up townie with. Leather saddle, single speed, basket or Porteur rack etc...

That's not a bad idea, I did buy an old used Brooks that would look nice on that bike.

$160 rack on a $35 bike, talk about equity. haha I do like that style rack, I'd just have to make one though. Yeah, I forgot he mentinoed it had a 3 speed with a grip twist style shifter. So where can I get more info on this bike?

That's a nice bike, I'd get both of them! :D Do a little bundling like Frank on American Pickers :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That's a nice bike, I'd get both of them! :D Do a little bundling like Frank on American Pickers :mrgreen:

The first bike was to "get the money flowing" that's how I got this one for $35.

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

The first bike was to "get the money flowing" that's how I got this one for $35.
Great idea to break the ice :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Looks like a touring version of a Spaceliner. :D

Spacetourer, I like it!

Gold Street Customs said:
Does it have the Sturney Archer hub ? that will have your year stamped on it. Or you can always pull the crank out and look for a # there.

Don't think it's a Sturmey, there is a piece of duct tape on the hub, it must've had a grease cap that came out, I will probably just end up covering the hole with silver metal tape.

I don't have to know the year, just curious, it seems to be a well build bicycle, it already took one crash without a mark on it. I need to rack it up for utility now.

Back