"Bamboozle" class one entry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This build went through several phases and wound up way different and I think better than I had planned on.

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/bamboozle.115706/
An old unused LWB recumbent frame with twin banana seats, 2 springs, and 2 headlights, along with dual caliper brakes on the back wheel. It also has two speeds using the SRAM Automatix rear hub. My homemade springer found a home on this bike, and my newly acquired ability to paint metal to like bamboo came into being.

I need to go out of town again tomorrow, working with immigration trying to get a resident visa. It's a long process and I may not get home in time to take it outside and get some shots out in the daylight. I also need an extra person to carry this thing up the stairs. It's 90 inches long and weighs 50 lbs. If I get some outdoor pics in time, I may change out the first pic.
(edit: I got it upstairs, took a short ride and got some pics before the rain resumed.)

6 Sep4.jpg

5 Sep finish3.jpg

5 Sep finish4.jpg

5 Sep finish6.jpg

5 Sep finish7.jpg

5 Sep finish8.jpg

5 Sep finish9.jpg

5 Sep finish1.jpg

5 Sep finish10.jpg

6 Sep stairs.jpg

6 Sep 1.jpg

Attachments

• 5 Sep finish2.jpg
    5 Sep finish2.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Certainly a crazy 'colour' for a very unusual bike. I have loved following every step of the way :)

Most excellent! Nice work getting it all laced together over two different builds and multi-configurations!

That fauxm-boo technique just bam-boozles me everytime I look at it. You really dialed that in. :113:

I've only ridden it in the shop. about 20 feet. The steering is floppy with the springer, too much or too little trail. A recumbent is already a little difficult for me with the lower center or gravity, but I rode my Bike E fairly well. If I ride it any distance I may go with the standard fork if I can't learn to ride it with the springer. However, it may make the perfect stationary bike down in the shop if I put it on the trainer. No rain and it's cooler down there in the bunker. I may get a ride outside today since I don't have to make a trip to Manila after all, and the rain might let up.

Looks super comfy to ride, I like it
On a single banana seat I'm only good for a couple minutes, but on this I can sit and watch a movie. I think I'll put a big screen down in the shop along with a mini fridge and snack table and use this as an exercise bike.

Great build! I love that you used a recumbent. The twin banana seat look great. I love the skateboard rack and the paint is amazing, well done!

I really love this build brother!! You perfected your faux bamboo technique. But even besides that, the flow of the bike just works so well. The fork, the double high back nanners, the scurfboard rack sets it off too. Well done, Have fun
BRAVO!

Back