Barefoot Pedals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made these pedals from vintage "barefoot" accelerator (auto) pedals. Came across some plastic counter-weighted bike pedals that I attached beneath, with quite a bit of lead added. They spin & always end up upright.

8ballSR.jpg

barefootpedals.jpg

Nice! When I first looked at it I didn't even notice it was two right feet. Thats cool!

Shaggy

two thumbs up from me!!!! 8)

i think (wait, i know) i've installed that foot in 4 of my old rides...... $12.95 @ GrandAuto

oh, the memories!

my budy just bought a 1968 mandela speed boat (440,huge blower,huge exausts, crazy like)
the boat actual has an identical gas peddle and static pedal to brace yourself against.

since there in both of his cali made 1960 drag boats (mandela) i was wondering just how old they are?

btw they look fantastic on the bike.

Thank you for the comments.
icyuod2 said:
... since there in both of his cali made 1960 drag boats (mandela) i was wondering just how old they are?
Yes, from the 60's. The pedals are each part of a set - came with a much smaller barefoot pedal that slides over the headlight dimmer switch on the floor. Man, now I feel old, I've had cars with floor dimmer switches.
Big Fat Whitewalls said:
Wish I would have been able to get the counter-weights as trim as these - nice "imitations" yet the design on the classics is my fav. With that said... BFW, where'd u get those???

Back