Barn Find Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wWxHNz.jpg
nGryuD.jpg

I just got this bike from a barn. Someone converted it to run on a 4 stroke motor and they did a nice job. It is rusty and will need new seat stay bars welded on. I also found a Clinton 4 stroke motor that fits perfectly. I need ideas on how to set this bike up to run and ride. What other parts do I need? Any other ideas or thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't want to use the Whizzer tank. I like the tank on the Clinton motor. I want to keep the bike as a rusty roach ride. I need ideas please for a throttle, brakes and cranks, pedals, sprocket. I want to find a rusty springer, beach handlebars, book rack and probably better rims.

I always wanted to use an old Maytag motor (wish I had one) It's already got a kick start!
dxelj4.jpg

I guess they even built kids racecars with these motors...
3321d1322888681-maytag-washer-engine-maytag-racer.jpg

Last edited:
www.huskybicycles.com has some good heavy duty 12g rims and the prices are awesome. Set up an account. I would recommend a springer with tabs for a disc brake set up. The springer can be had in black and would be easier to strip the paint and speed rust.

Latest posts

Back