Bendix automatic part ID and where to buy?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a bendix automatic yellow band I'm working on. I have a plan in mind but want to make sure I can find a replacement part before I destroy this one I have. I'm looking for the brake expander on the non drive side. I found this site but the one picture I need to be clear isn't. http://www.trfindley.com/pgbndxhbs.html
3aqabemu.jpg

And this is the specific part I'm looking for
2aqy8yje.jpg

ahe2yru7.jpg

6yme4utu.jpg

So does anyone know the technical part number for this piece or specific name and where I could buy a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a better image of the service manual on sheldonbrown.com. Yellow band with 4 expanding shoes has that part as expander,anchor end AB-333 ( same for blue band ). Hopefully someone here has one for you.

Hits not bad yet the hub works perfect. I'm doing a build where I'm using the hub for something special and I need to bend the tabs down the piece is hardened so they don't bend with out breaking. Well I want to make sure I can replace the part before I destroy it for some stupid plan I have that probably won't work out in the long run. But I need to be able to replace it for cheap. So we'll see

Here is the one I have. It is chewed up a little just above where the bearing retain sits, but it shouldn't affect the way it works I don't think. You can pm me for price and details if you are interested.

Attachments

• MVC-519S.JPG
    MVC-519S.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 81
  • MVC-520S.JPG
    MVC-520S.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 79
Here is the one I have. It is chewed up a little just above where the bearing retain sits, but it shouldn't affect the way it works I don't think. You can pm me for price and details if you are interested.

I too am looking for an expander anchor end #AB-333 - would very much like to discuss obtaining one if you still have one. I am willing to pay dearly for one.

I have the one he sent me. It didn't work for what I needed. I ground off the tabs but I can probably weld something and make it work perfect. It still works fine but I believe those are there for safety.

Back