Bendix Stick Shift?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this work with a Nexus 3 speed hub?

4285427820_8d42a35f92.jpg

There is only one way to find out. I used a Shimano 333 stick on a S/A hub. It worked pretty good but would slip out of gear every once in a while.

If I had one I would try it. I can buy one but it's kind of expensive (for me anyway) and I would hate to see it not work.

Without meaning to be a smart ... maybe I should rephrase my question. Has anyone successfully used one of these Bendix shifters with a Nexus 3 speed hub?

To throw my two cents in, I don't think Bendix ever made a 3 speed hub. I know of the kickback and manual shift 2 speeds. So it might be universal, but I can't say for sure. -Adam

Those were universal. In the packaging was included the cable ends that fit the SA or Shimano indicators. Definately worth trying it on the Nexus.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to go another route but I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of these ( hopefully cheaper) for the future. I'll update my bike pics once I finally get the shifter off my handlebars!

Back