Bent fork solution

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Instead of using a jack to push it out, I used a ratchet strap to pull it in. Turn the bars backwards, make sure cups and bearings and everything is installed tightly. I just set this up for the picture. Put an old hub on the front, wrapped the strap around the seat tube and cranked it down slowly. Worked like a charm. I've not seen it done like this before, so I'm taking credit, but I'm sure someone has in the past.
index.php

Really cool solution... gonna break kruez tool guys heart when his fancy tool is replaced by a rachet strap:21::21:
I'll be finding we 1" id pipe to weld to my fab bench...can use the table as a gauge for true and not put the load on barring cage.

Really a great ability to reassess the situation and find an alternative solution.
Bravo.

Instead of using a jack to push it out, I used a ratchet strap to pull it in. Turn the bars backwards, make sure cups and bearings and everything is installed tightly. I just set this up for the picture. Put an old hub on the front, wrapped the strap around the seat tube and cranked it down slowly. Worked like a charm. I've not seen it done like this before, so I'm taking credit, but I'm sure someone has in the past.
index.php

AWESOME technique!!!

20160917_122646.jpg
Great idea. I bent mine by shoving it in a trailer hitch and using a 3 ball to bend them over.

Does this put all the bend at the base of the headtube, or can you get any bend out in the legs?

Latest posts

Back