Best rim replacement for schwinn s7's?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone point me in the direction of some 559mm rims that can replace the s7's? I am going to rebuild the wheel using the sturmey archer 3 speed hub.

I also want to fit on those schwalbe fat frank's. So I have no clue what size rim I need to do this.

basicly you will have to find useable s-7 rims if you want the exact look. if you dont mind it being a tad different any shop can order aftermarket chrome steel hoops they are cheap, work ok, and look good for a rider.

okay im a bit confused now. I assume that I have s7's but it should be stamped on my rim somewhere, right? I measured the rim diameter and it comes out to 23inches. I just wanted to know if the wheel i have is that crazy s7 size or not. Should it be 23" or 584mm?

You should see the stamp near where the valve stem comes out. Sometimes it is very faint

the only thing i found was "schwinn tubeless" :shock:

So I measured it at 23" and I'm trying to figure out if this is the size rim for S7s.

if your going to put some Fat Franks on a bike youll need a standard 26" rim, those tires wont fit on an s-7 rim anyway.

I put some 26"x1.75" wheels on a 1964 Hollywood and the pedal would hit the ground if I took a tight turn. Any ideas on how to fix this without getting a new crank? I put on some 26"x2.125" Electra tires that were thicker, but now they won't fit with fenders. Am I just forever condemned to the S-7?

Back