Beyond THUNDERDOME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double wheel, barb wire wow this is what we had in 2080....we needed the double wheel to cross the barren deserts in search of oil and gas, if we punctured a wheel we were sure to be vulture prey...with two tires on the back wheel I was able to stay with Mel and the rest of our transfer party and cross even in sand storms...I even had to pack Tina Turner for a few miles on the back of my bike and an extra tire on the back of my bike would of helped with her on the back...

Do me a favor and pimp the front wheel as well, I need something with spikes to dig deep in the sand for stability...

Finish this beast of a bike so I can take it back to 2080....

Skipton said:
P6240295.jpg

Right On! :mrgreen:

Cool build love it!

Are u putting those "leftover" spoke holes to use? :)
you could consider putting some (long and pointy)studs in them, that would fit the theme too. 8)
Or am i giving away clues unintentionaly :oops: :(

Or... you could maybe find a way to lace the rims together with a piece of leatherstring, make it look like that is wat holding them together. :wink:

We took the front fender off Steve's Kicker (no we didn't ask, askings for whimps) plasma cut the soul out of it, leaving it as ragged as possible, then (Iv'e always wanted to try this) I bought a barrel sanding bit and ziptied sccotchbright pads to it, chucked it in the janky ... drill press and started to do some engine turning (shiny circles). If you try this yourself, try to hold the item as stable as possible, with a clamp etc, I just used my hands on the fender cause it was an awkward shape. It turned out pretty sweet, pics posted later!!!

Fender Photos:
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae77/FatKnobbyWrench/0622102035.jpg[/img
[img]http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae77/FatKnobbyWrench/0622102036.jpg
0622102041.jpg

0622102043b.jpg

0622102046.jpg

Was at the car show in Richland this weekend and saw the main event, there was your seat gettin the stripes it deserves at the show,....AWESOME!!!!!!!

Man your shop is all over town, saw some of your shops Fixie team there makin a scene on those wicked fixies you guys make, Job well done!!!

the sprocket is sick even i cant think up designs like that. i might have to borrow a design like that for a trophy if you dont mind

Here is the seat all striped up. Made sure I got my foot in the shot.
P7010384.jpg

The chainring will probably be getting different stripes.

im going to b gone all week sun-sun but if you guys come up w a plan I can weld it together. P.S. don't let darren mount anything to the forks. hehe

The shop is a ghost town these days so we mocked up some different handlebars, I am thinking that I like apes the best. Especially with a rusty expanded metal wind faring. Got pictures, but left my camera on my workbench. I'm a tease I know, but I made you click on the thread didn't i?

great ideas on your build! :D gonna have to steal that barb wire trick for future reference. 8) could you show us some close-up pics of how that wheel looks mounted in that spaceliner frame?

texasbigjon said:
great ideas on your build! :D gonna have to steal that barb wire trick for future reference. 8) could you show us some close-up pics of how that wheel looks mounted in that spaceliner frame?

wait for it.............

Latest posts

Back