Big Daddy"Rat Fink"Scooter New taillight Advertising RRB!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth" 80cc Almost Done

Check out the eyelid I made from a fender tail!!!
scootereyelid.jpg

that duck tail looks sweet on that light keep the good times com'in bro 8) .....rat on!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Love everything you´ve done, that fender is awesome!
If I may say so, I would leave the interior of the fender green and just clear coat the raw metal, it matches the tank and I think looks great.
Just my :mrgreen: :mrgreen: cents

Not much progress the FLU took me out for the last 5 days :roll: I did get the fenders sanded and primed,Ill get some pics up when im over this groggy feeling.Thanks for the kind words Gdcast and Gato! 8) :mrgreen:

hope you get better soon bro... i know how it feels feels like you got an anchor tied to each limb... look on the bright :idea: :idea: :idea: more time for ideas ...stay strong and ride hard (when you can of course) peace and chicken grease :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

I got some painting done and the motor and mount finished,with any luck it should be about done tonight!!!! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermotor13.jpg
scooterfendercut8.jpg
scootermotor15.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter Finished again You GOTTA See This!

Here it is Fellas,im so glad I decided to redo this thing!!! Im stoked on how it turned out and its alot faster then anyone should go on a scooter!
scooterdone5.jpg
scooterdone4.jpg
scooterdone3.jpg
scooterdone2jpg.jpg
scooterdone.jpg
camera-Black20-1.jpg
camera-Black21-1.jpg
camera-Black19.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter FINISHED a 2nd time"You GOTTA See This!"

After throwing the chain twice I realized I needed a chain tensioner.The frame flexes just enough to pop the chain,So I fabbed up a tensioner and ill put up some pics soon! 8) :mrgreen:

Freaken WOW! man that thing is super duper, way far out! I would love to ride it. You gona post some video soon?

Amazing build Buddy, the attention to detail is fantastic, I love the headlight visor and how the hole rear end looks. I'm sure is a delight to ride :mrgreen:

Thanks Fellas,Im diggin this thing its a ton of FUN to ride!!!!Heres pics of the tensioner i threw together,I still want to put a skateboard wheel on it but this is what I had laying around,and it functions perfectly!Video soon to come 8) :mrgreen:
scootertensioner2.jpg
scootertensioner.jpg

It always seems to rain when im itchin to go for a ride. :roll: Oh well so I color matched the tensioner wheel and changed the leaky petcock to a brass nipple.Its ready to roll when the rain stops and ill be able to get some video!
scootertensioner4.jpg
scootertank4.jpg

I added a brass inline petcock and a anti kink support made from a piece of cable tubing and a few zip ties to keep the fuel line from layin on the fender and kinking at the carb.... :roll:
scootertank5.jpg

here is a little Video I will put up a better one with more room to ride when I get more time.... :wink:

Re: BigDaddy Scooter FINISHED a 2nd time"Now With VIDEO"

Wicked!.... Hey FatBoy, this old man is living out his "fantasy" builds..Through YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KOTA said:
Wicked!.... Hey FatBoy, this old man is living out his "fantasy" builds..Through YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Man,You have inspired me a ton! If you lived closer you could take it for a spin!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
DANG! That thing REALLY motors!

Sweet build, start to finish.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Doc, I Cant wait to see your Occ/Cruiser combo complete! 8) :mrgreen:

So today I decided to take the Scooter on its first long ride to a car show about 2 miles from the house.Everything was going just fine cruising alot faster then I thought got a few blocks away from the show when all of the sudden BANG!!!! I learned a lesson on how a master link can undo itself,Yep I lost the master link and had to walk back a block and find my chain :roll: So I called my wife to bring the truck got it loaded up and back to the house.I used my chain splitter and made the chain solid now with no master link and Ill try to ride it to the car show next saturday,good thing they have the car show every sat during summer!

I got the chain working good,I rode it for a couple hours with no problems.The only thing I could really use is better brakes.I wore out a set of pincher pads in just a couple hours,I was braking hard and and using them more than normal riding.So I picked a Avid disc set and a 26" MTB wheel,looks like all I need to do is fab a mounting tab for the caliper and it will be good to go! 8) :mrgreen:
scooterbrake.jpg
scooterbrake2.jpg

Back