big old bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need some help on this old bike. I know it is a Schwinn, 27 inch, serial number LH 513567. All the hardware and parts are marked Schwinn or Schwinn Approved. It is a tall bike,stands 36 inchec at the seat post ( measured at the same angle ) All decals and headbadge are gone, pretty much a junker but I like old stuff, sorta like me. (66 last count) I WILL ride this bike .

100_0308.jpg

100_0306.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0301.jpg

serial #LH5xxxxx on the head tube is Nov. '72... looks like crome bars ...Varsity with deluxe options ie. crome fenders, dia comp brakes
tall stem doesn't look right on this bike ....I would hope you're a tall rider with that frame size !

yeah, back in those days schwinn had the varsity, contentental or suburban. i've had two varsities in my day and they are bullitproof. i would definatly lower that stem height or at least check to see if it is in the fork tube enough to be concidered safe. and you gotta love fenders. nice ride and i hope you do ride it. dang solid bikes.

Back