What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to post this pic for @ingola
Not a dookie pic, but a dooki dooki pic

1000021665.jpg

No 'nursing' oldies around today. This one is as tough as I could make it.

2017 40th Anniversary SE Racing Stu Thomsen Replica STR-29 Quadangle in 4130 Chromoly.
str2.jpg

Bullseye 40th Anniversary Titanium and Ceramic hubs, 14g Double butted. Profile Racing Freewheel, Shadow 1/2 link chain.
str3.jpg
str16.jpg

Chris King No Threadset
str17.jpg

S&M 4-piece 10x30 bars.
str6.jpg

Profile Racing Elite Crankset
str13.jpg

Paul Components Brake with Kool Stops.
str18.jpg

Bullseye Billet and Titanium Bear Traps
str14.jpg

Brooks C19
str19.jpg

Rigged for a 6'4" Goober. Giddy-up!
str11.jpg

str20.jpg

Attachments

• str11.jpg
    str11.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I went for a quick shakedown ride while the rain held on my rejigged HD today. I used parts I already had, knicked the post and saddle from one of my other bikes and bought a pair of sticky DTH tyres for it. I used an almost new 6 speed cluster on a drum brake equipped wheel set I had laying around and a simple sis derailleur and thumb shifter salvaged from a late 80’s mtb.

I think this is the toughest looking and lightest reincarnation of this frame and can’t wait to take it for a longer ride when I get the time.
IMG_8854.jpeg

Last edited:
I went for a quick shakedown ride while the rain held on my rejigged HD today. I used parts I already had, knicked the post and saddle from one of my other bikes and bought a pair of sticky DTH tyres for it. I used an almost new 6 speed cluster on a drum brake equipped wheel set I had laying around and a simple sis derailleur and thumb shifter salvaged from a late 80’s mtb.

I think this is the toughest looking and lightest reincarnation of this frame and can’t wait to take it for a longer ride when I get the time.View attachment 271493
That thing looks so good with those yellow-lettered Maxxis tires.

That thing looks so good with those yellow-lettered Maxxis tires.
I agree. Generally I go over the lettering on most tires I buy with tire black as I can’t stand it, but I held back this time as I thought the yellow lettering would compliment the frame.

Back