Bike for the wife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after the last build off me and the wife went on a bike ride . I got out the Spring Board and her 24" Hollywood. First thing she says (How come yours is all shiney and mine looks like crap?) So I offer to buy her a new bike at LBS. She says no and we go on and star the ride. About 20 min in the ride she hears me shifting gears. She says what the heck is that? (I said thats my gears)
So any how I'm building her a bike now. Here it is. A buddy from work gave me a 61 24" hollywood and a 26" middle weight girls schwinn. I'm redoing the 24" hollywood cause she's only 5'1"
Fresh paint, Laced up a 3 speed coaster brake (got from Udalcustombikes) and am going to have a local guy from the Coasters pinstripe it for me :mrgreen: This is the one she rides now. But it was identical to the one I started with and I'm using some bobbed fenders off of a western flyer.
002-Copy3.jpg

006-Copy2.jpg

008-Copy.jpg

009-Copy.jpg

I love orange over spray all over everything. Nice color. She should be happy when your done, unless some of her stuff got the overspray. Well you know what they say ...you have to break an egg to make an omlet. :lol:

Oh yes everything in the garage is orange. Even my 37 Plymouth now. I had to paint and sand it about 5 times. kept getting a run here and there. It's cold around here. Tonight I went and turned on 2 heaters for about 3 hours and the paint went on real nice this time. Used Acrylic enamel. I blasted all parts before I started. The wife doesn't know this will probably be as much as a new bike, but it will be way cooler :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sometimes if you take your paint and parts inside a warm house ,and then run out and spray real quick you can get pretty good results in a cold area.

Uncle Stretch said:
Sometimes if you take your paint and parts inside a warm house ,and then run out and spray real quick you can get pretty good results in a cold area.

A similar trick is to sit the rattle cans in a bucket/sink of warm water for 15 -20 minutes or so....comes out of the can neal nice!

Back