BIKE O RAMA sacto, ca 19-21 pictures posted thanks to all

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BIKE O RAMA AT 60TH SACRAMENTO AUTORAMA FEB 19/21

NOT CLEAR TED.NOT PINK I HAD TO TALK AL OUT OF THAT ONE.HEY ADAM I COUNTED 3 TRIKES SO FAR IF TED BRINGS ONE.WHERE ARE YOU AT WITH YOUR TRIKE FRANK.BLAP :!: BLAP :!: :lol:

Just wanted to say that this entry fee and what you get is a pretty good deal. Be thankful that you guys have a great venue like this to show off your bikes. Alot of car or motorcycle shows don't like to have our non motored contraptions in their presence. I think that as the economy changes, we'll see more and more bike related events pop up. The Autorama folks need to see that we provide a form of entertainment that just about everyone can relate to, no matter what their wallets hold.

I've got a few suggestions that I feel are very adventageous for anyone who's showing their bikes...

1. Make sure that you're bike is ridable and show pictures of you riding it in your displays.
2. Be there as much as possible to represent your bike and answer questions about it.
3. Find out who and when the judges will be by and be there to introduce yourselfs, answer questions and show them pics of the building of your bike.
4. If you belong to a club, help promote it! Same way with the messageboards that you hang out on.
We get as much interests from the showgoers about our rides as we do our bikes. We also gain a few board members that we've met at the shows. And we get invited to many other events!
5. try to get along with the other guys showing their bikes, they can be your best friends if someone tries to mess with your bike and you're not there! Many of the guys we've met also help each other in the disassembly of their displays.

Bottomline ....
After a long weekend you want to leave with a whole bunch of new friends and not a bunch of enemies!

The Detroit Autorama, actually Petri and Sons, offers us a little more "bang for our bucks" but the've been doing the bike show a little longer than you guys. I think that if the Autorama people had their way, they'd find another use for the space we take up. We get around 40 to 60 bikes each year and seem to be getting a bigger draw each year but most of the main people only think in the terms of dollars that the bike show brings in. Don and Deb from Petri's really put alot of time, effort and dollars into the bike portion of the show. The actual Detroit Autorama people do very little for our group.

Make your presence known at the Sacramento show and support this great event whenever and however you can! Good luck with the show!

thanks chainsaw we want to make this show the west coast version of what you guys do. i think with out question the detroit show is the most well known custom bicycle show going and i always look forwards to seeing the pics from it. we are playing catch up and have come a long way from the first show that we put together in a bout one month to what it is today. if you guys want a trike class then throw down we need a few to enter to make it work. i might still do a trike but i need some parts and just cant afford it as of now to build what i want. but who knows i have another bullet that i might just have to let loose if i can get it done in time.

I'm in Adam, as you know,things are looking good so far for me, talked to Gregg and he told me Al is in paint mode. should be a good show, looking forward to it :D

so then we have ted, al, and frank so far with trikes?

Jay Dawg said:
This is Jay.looking forward to Autorama again this year.I will have a few bikes to enter and my son is entering a full size trike,being he took2nd place last year for the original small trike he is going bigger this year.What about a chopper class and a mini class for the 12 and 16 inch creations we have?I am working on a new bike for the show that no one has seen yet including myself.lol.
HEY ADAM DID YOU COUNT THIS TRIKE :?:I COUNT 4. :shock:

karfer i wasnt saying it was overpriced(its really not......just no way id use a 3 day pass and gas for 2 round trips in a truck kills it for me) at all......but $100 for my bikes sitting or use the $ for car or bike parts(no brainer :wink: )
i thought you were doing a trike for this year as well?!?!?
hope its a good show :mrgreen:
and olschbp you better have that bike finished and out there!!!

its all good sensor just giving you greef, come on i would not love ya if i didn't. who else is in last year the rat rod class was highly contested, and like i said this year we will be doing a mild custom and full custom class.

I am entering a trike this year again.Not sure which one yet or i might enter two of them.So we need a trike class.Not fair that Ted is entering that sweet full size one tho.lol.Just jokeing that thing is a show stopper that brings alot of smiles.

as of now the only bike i am entering is in rat rod. if i enter another it will be a (if i can get it done) sorta thing.

if a trike is any 3 wheeled bike............
i do believe the one and only "NUKE" will be in attendance :mrgreen:
just sayin'

this will be my 1st time ever @ Autorama, and it's gonna be off the chain!!!!! 8)

AL HAS BEEN WORKING ON THE TRIKE FOR 4 DAYS NOW.HE WAS IN THE GARAGE INTEL AFTER MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT.OR SHOULD I SAY MORE LIKE THE DRIVEWAY .THE PANEL AND HARLEY TAKE UP A LOT OF ROOM.I TOOK SOME COOL PICS. BUT HE WONT LET ME POST THEM YET. :x

vulture a trike is a bike with three wheels so have at it. but it is going to be a filled class if everyone enters the trike class only that happened last year in rat rod. there were a ton of entries in that class as well. i gotta say though by the sound of things al's trike might just be a ringger this year it sounds sick. if frank can pull his off i sure would not want to be the judge.
greg thats cool let it be a suprise that makes it all the more fun but like i said i dont think i will be judging any classes this year so dont blame me lol.
oh and a note some of the chopaderos are talking about coming up from so cal so it should be a good show. hey kram i know you have looked at this in the past why not bring out your build off bike?

What's up guys... I'll be there representing Behind Bars Inc / Southsyde Cycles with 2-3 bikes. It would be nice to build a new project but we'll see if time permits. I'll prob bring my newest build (Orange bike on billets) My gold bike and possibly my wive's bike Cherry Mary.

Where do I get reg forms??

Thanks,
Dominick
behindbarsinc.com
southsydecycles.blogspot.com (trying to update weekly)

Okay you suckerd me in again! I wasn't going to another show until march or april! LOL! I will bring my wifes three wheeler, my Nor-Cal lowlife bike, and maybe a couple of others. What I need to know is, who is going to classify the bikes entered? us or the judges?

now as far as the catagories, I try not to go all show on my bikes anymore. So if i'm in a class with bikes that have paint, or custom paint and I try to make mine look weathered are the judges scoring on a points system or just what they like?

i will have entry info for you guys tomorrow. originally after we hashed all this out the info it was supost to be posted on the autorama web site but it is not there yet. so i am going to find out the details tomorrow and post them. for those wanting up to the min updtates call (916)456-2042 ask for adam that is the shop number. i would love to have the behind the bars guys there your bikes are stunning. as for finishes well there is a rat rod class for "suede" bikes and you beat me at mass lol so you will probably do it again your bike is amazing. thanks for all your support with the event!!

Back