Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another chapter in the MMC saga. Here's an insider's story of how it happened
1E968ADB-489E-4E42-AE3E-DDAC161A88B1.png
58485A3C-C221-46B4-969B-F2D73604D770.png

Since we're talking about GT stems, here's the early 90s threadless Flip Flop stem, features in the ad above. You could remove the neck and flip it with one Allen wrench, changing the geometry in minutes View attachment 253769 pretty cutting edge stuff, even if it's too long

Reminds me of the AS stems I had on a couple 40s Continentals, those had a thick, thick chrome quill and a nice alloy extension. Didn't have the double wedge, though- that's interesting!!

Why do I like STX? Aside from the jockey wheels and adjustment barrel, all steel construction. Beyond this level, it's just weight reduction, reduced resistance, and frills.
IMG_20240105_162324423.jpg
IMG_20240105_153157859.jpg

I'll be able to keep using this old boy for a long time.

the Bud Light Bailout section looks so similar to a section of a local trail here we call "Devil's Crotch". My first time down, the ride leader stopped and said "ok, I suggest you go over and look down before deciding if you're going to attempt this". I said, "move", shoved him out the way and sent it. I made it. 24 years old and dumb.

I said, "move", shoved him out the way and sent it. I made it. 24 years old and dumb.
Lol nowadays I walk away from things I wouldn't even have stopped to look at back then. Scouting for the right line was what you did after the crash

Back