Bikes storage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like just about everyone on this forum, we all have one to many bikes or projects on the go. Well..... Never to many bikes.... Lol. What is the best way to store your bikes? For myself I have a single car garage, 8 bikes (so far), work bench and tool boxes. Any ideas?

Thanks......

I used to hang frames from the roof by the dropouts (Works great with reverse dropouts) The rest were in a huge pile... :lol:

P8290203.jpg

My community co-op hangs their stock on coated hooks that slide within steel channel suspended from the ceiling--looks much like a dry-cleaners for bicycles. For long term storage, you can reverse the pedals (so they point inwards) and twist the handlebars at the stem to save space/reduce interference. The trade-off is that you won't be able to roll the bikes straight out of storage.

Punxs said:
thanks for the replies, they gave me a few ideas...

Also if you hang frames from the ceiling, junk girl's frames make great tire and spare part holders. :wink:
image-39.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:

You can get these at Harbor Freight for about $42.00. Find a 25% off coupon and get it cheaper! I have one. They actually work well...
cycletree.jpg

Now back to storage. Start by hanging bikes, then remove pedals and handlebars, when room runs out again, pack them in bike boxes so you can stack them.

I did all that then finally added a 12x20 building in addition to my 8x8. They're both full now... :roll:

Back