Blue Bar Bruiser (New Pics 6/11) Now Green

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a>

Ok, hope this pic works, 1st time posting a pic. I'm not sure of the make of the bike, I know the colors aren't original because they were painted a local school's color. I'm not 100% sure where this build will go but I'm lookin fwd to gettin in on the action! Should be lots of fun.

a>[img]
[/img]

Can't get the picture to post, not sure what I'm doing wrong... Wil try again in the AM. Ok try this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26602809@N06/5689404866/

Re: Blue Bar Bruiser

Ok I'll give it another shot.

Colors aren't bad in the pic but the finish is not good. May be house paint, unsure. Plus I've taken some sand paper to it so it looks a lot worse than it did there.

I'm not sure of the make and model of this, can anybody help? It has a headbadge but it's to worn to read. Looks like the letters may have been vertical, though.

Ok, Canfield swap meet tomorrow. I'm going with an eye for parts for my build. Should be fun!

build off pics 035 by fastfix, on Flickr

Ok! Pics work, yeah!!!

Here she is as she sits. I took off the original seat to go for a ride one day, I think I'll attempt to recover it for the Build Off. Fenders and chainguard will be stripped and painted along with the frame.

I have more pics of work i did this morning but for now I just wanted to get it going. Thanks, LocoJoe for the tip. I was trying to go by the directions in the "How To Post Photos " thread but this is much easier. I'm having fun!! :lol:

That looks just like a Monark Trophy bike frame , but the chainring has me leaning twards Higgins.

To the Batcave!

build off pics 046 by fastfix, on Flickr

Came apart ok.

Obligatory shoe tip shot:

build off pics 042 by fastfix, on Flickr

The cranks fought hard but i beat 'em in the end!

build off pics 044 by fastfix, on Flickr

Uh oh, thats gonna need attended to! :mrgreen:

Ok thats this mornings work. Swap meet tomorrow, i've got some ideas churning. Man, this is gonna be cool!

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
That looks just like a Monark Trophy bike frame , but the chainring has me leaning twards Higgins.

Thanks, I'll check em out. I've been Eyeballing all the straight bar frames I see to match it up but I haven't seen any. Either the dropouts are different or the curvature of the chainstays.. you know the deal.

Yea, I'm going with Murray also. On the headbadge I think I can make out 2 r's. One on top of the other. So we'll call it a Murray. Cool, glad that's settled. It's been eating at me for awhile. :D Thanks, Ratina!

so help me .....! if you touch the patina on that frame i will fly to ohio, find you,and hurt you.

snydur said:
so help me .....! if you touch the patina on that frame i will fly to ohio, find you,and hurt you.

Haha! Oh it's on tap for a fresh repaint. Better get your plane tix now! JK, as i said earlier it's house paint so nothing worth trying conserve.

herr_rudolf said:
cool bike.
good luck and have some fun building!

Thanks alot! I'm chomping at the bit to get going on it. Ive been working on my Buick these past couple days so I haven't had time to get to it.

Fastfix said:
snydur said:

Haha! Oh it's on tap for a fresh repaint. Better get your plane tix now! JK, as i said earlier it's house paint so nothing worth trying conserve.

best $234.57 i ever spent

Updates: Got the rear rack and taillight done. Minus paint, of course.

002 by fastfix, on Flickr

003 by fastfix, on Flickr

Mock up

004 by fastfix, on Flickr

Also repaired the fork

006 by fastfix, on Flickr

And as she sits, not sure what I can do with that seat.. I may not even use it although it's original and would like to try and salvage it if I can.

008 by fastfix, on Flickr

BTW how do I update my thread title to show I have new pics? I would like it to read " Blue Bar Bruiser ( New Pics 5/12).

What were you thinking for the seat? Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks pretty good!

Back