Blue Bar Bruiser (New Pics 6/11) Now Green

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blue Bar Bruiser

herr_rudolf said:
Fastfix said:
BTW how do I update my thread title to show I have new pics? I would like it to read " Blue Bar Bruiser ( New Pics 5/12).

Go to your first post.
Click edit.
Then change your title (Subject:)

Thanks, got it!

Re: Blue Bar Bruiser

Rockit! said:
What were you thinking for the seat? Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks pretty good!

I wanted to recover it but that didnt turn out to well. So I may switch it out, I'm not sure yet. The top is pretty pitted, and it was welded underneath on one of the rails. Whoever welded it didn't fit it up very well so it's crooked. It's good enough but I may want something better later.

Ok, long time since an update. I've had lots to do. Anyways, I have been working on this a little here and there. I stripped off the old paint using aircraft stripper, painted using Krylon's Hunter Green. I had it laying around, and I like it.

Wheels are from an old Firestone 500 I stripped for parts. The tires are vintage f-stone. I dig em but am not looking fwd to the blowout because of the dryrot on them.

Crank has been cleaned and reused, It cleaned up nicely, but I may change this out still. I've got a couple more I'm considering.

The seat I'm not sure about yet. I'm going to try to get the original in good working condition. For now it's got an old Messinger saddle on it.

I'm working on lights and fenders right now.

I hope everyone is having a good summer. The weather has been back and forth around here. But I'm not complaining, it beats snow. :D

I have to agree on the seat, the crash bar one LOOKS good, you can always switch it out with something that is ridable.

JoKeR63 said:
I have to agree on the seat, the crash bar one LOOKS good, you can always switch it out with something that is ridable.

Thanks, ideally I want the original to look good and be ridable. We'll see. The black one isn't bad but you're right the crash bar is better.

Back