***Blue Eyes***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riverbend Bicycles said:
You've got some outstanding ideas. I have a similar Sturmey Archer battery pack on my 49 Raleigh Superbe. It should look real sharp.

Thanks for the compliment. I had some tubing and was going to fabricate something from scratch but it would be more work and time consuming to have to make a cap for both ends. I hated ruining a good flash light but it was quicker this way. I'm kinda running out of time because this has to be finished by the 23rd at the very latest so I can get the finished photos posted so when my friend comes on this site to see her Christmas present it will be complete. I will have from then to June to make any changes or swaps if I'm not pleased with something.

Here's the seal beam headlight that requires the 4 D cell batteries.

100_2936.jpg

100_2937.jpg

100_2938.jpg

100_2939.jpg

These are some pictures of the hidden in frame wiring. I cut and drilled some pieces of plastic
(to be used as insulators) from an old 1977 ford truck tail light housing.

100_2940.jpg

100_2941.jpg

100_2942.jpg

100_2943.jpg

100_2944.jpg

100_2945.jpg

100_2946.jpg

100_2947.jpg

100_2949.jpg

Maybe next time some paint and assembly. Running out of time.

Man, I've been busy today. Sanded & painted the frame and my BLUE tires arrived so I was able to assemble the majority of it. Had problems with the seat though. The seat sat to far forward and too high. I had to do some major seat bracketry modifications to get the look I was going for. I lowered the seat mainly for looks and the fact that my friend is kinda short and this will help her to be able to ride more comfortably.
Oh by the way, I just learned that I may never get that photo of her and the bike together when I deliver it. I've done something major wrong and I haven't been able to communicate with her since Dec. 9th. Kinda blows all the wind out of your sales to stay focused on something like this and get it done. I started this for her and I've got to finish it and make sure she gets it. I just hope I get to talk to her and see her again. Anyway, I still have to make my battery pack brackets and get it mounted and I'm pretty much done. Hope she likes it. I gave it my all on ***Blue Eyes***

100_2951-2.jpg

100_2955-5.jpg

100_2958.jpg

100_2967.jpg

100_2963.jpg

100_2969.jpg

100_2975.jpg

100_2961-1.jpg

100_2968.jpg

100_2965.jpg

100_2966.jpg

100_2964.jpg

100_2911.jpg

100_2977.jpg

100_2962.jpg

100_2971.jpg

100_2973.jpg

100_2979-1.jpg

When I get the battery pack mounted maybe I can get out side and get some better shots in a
more natural setting. Miss Blue Eyes:, if you're watching, I hope you like your Christmas present. If you did it was worth every minute I spent on it and more.

I love you with a Grandpas love. Praying for you daily as I promised I would.
Would love to hear from you. :cry:

I finally finished the battery pack brackets, mounted it and delivered the bike to my friend in June. Somewhere along the way I have corrupted our friendship and she no longer talks to me. I was unable to get a photo of her with the bike. All i have now is less, money, less bikes, and more heartaches. I'm still praying for her daily. We all need it.
100_3461.jpg

100_3462.jpg

100_3464.jpg

[imghttp://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg441/624rick/BB%20Bike/100_3465.jpg][/img]
100_3467.jpg

100_3466.jpg

I'll always love you Brittany Brooks (AKA Blue Eyes)

that is really sad to see that you did all that work and then to have your friendship deteriorate. That bike is amazing I just want to say and you seem like an amazing person for taking the time to build it. Every little touch is perfect down to the chain ring cover. Nice work!

Really nice work and some well thought out ideas. Regardless of anything , it will come back to you 10 times. :wink:

Sorry Salsa, for getting back to you so late. It's been a hectic last few days before Christmas. Yes, the blue on the lights is spray can paint. I have it at my work and I'll get you the brand and color if you want it as soon as I get back to work.

I built this because I enjed it but that Special person I built it for is partial to blue and so am I, that made it even more fun. She did ride it when I delivered it and enjoyed it. I just stayed on her a lot about things she should and shouldn't do and that's why she doesn't talk to me anymore. Correction, I text her 3-6 times a week because it feel sright and She's so special I can't give up on her and I texted her a couple of weeks ago like I've been doing for the past 5 months and low & behold I got a return text that has put a SUPER SMILE on my face. I hope to hear frome her again. She's really sweet and has so much potential that I hate to see her waste it. Anyway.....

I usually lose interest in girls bike builds... but this is one bad butt blue bike!!! Good job!!! Too Kool 8)

no rush man i"m still in the sanding phase. brand and color would be much appreciated.

Back