BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the PK a bath today and heres a picture afterwards and theres no crack
002-66.jpg

You should throw some old SE camo pads on that PK!!But really like those red Zeronie pads.Ive got a real clean white Zeronine pads with flourescent yellow and pink writting with white pads.

hey junkie, are you a bmx master, or do you at least know a lot about them, specifically mongooses? i need help with mine.

alright, i need a couple of things. i need help with what kind of pedals, bars, seat post, seat clamp, brake levers, cables, and calipers went on a '79 mongoose motomag, or just any '79 'goose. and if you know a direct source, thatd be great. cuz i know to look on the bmx museum forum, but i was looking for someone with a stash or something like that. the owner of the bikeshop that was near me knew A TON about bmx, and has a HUGE stash, probably just as much as you, but his shop got shut down, and he was my only known help with the bike.

Your parts would probably be Ashtabula forks,stem and cranks.A Sugino snowflake sprocket,Moto Mag 1s and a troxel seat.A steel seat clamp,mx grips,rat trap pedals,and some black wall knobbies and your dialed.Those old Moto Mags were the best.I had a 82 and it weighed more than me!haha.At that time I still had my 1975 Graco mx bike.Then I got that Moto Mag and then sold them and got a GT Nora Cup in chrome and black.Do you have a frame set yet?You can pick them up all the time.They were probably the most mass produced bikes back in the day.They are on California CL all the time from $50 bucks to $400 bucks,depending on if the owner wants to dump it or make it sem like he's holding hidden gold.Post some pics of the frame set if ya have one,would love to check it out!

i have frame and fork. its a tube fork. i also have vintage oury grips, yellow skyway tuff II mags, mongoose crank, sugino snowflake sprocket, mesinger bmx seat with diamond pattern, and blackwall knobbies(NOS bmx perfect!). ill get pics of everything i have soon.

haha everyone asks if im doing that to a project im just restoring. guess it a reputation ive earned. lol well heres the 'goose.
SANY0004.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

SANY0009.jpg

SANY0014.jpg

SANY0020.jpg

the frame is really good, no visible dings or gouges. its just slathered in black paint and primer.

Next you need to go onto BMX PRODUCTS and get you a decal det.They are $35 bucks,but they are rad and your gonna need them.I need to get on there and get the two four decal set for the 24'' goose Im building.Your bike is definetly on track to be a eyepopper.Love the old Gooses!Thats rad you have the slant double clamp stem.

thanks man, i know of that site, ive looked at it before. i know id need to get those when i strip and polish the frame. is the slant double clamp stem correct? ive seen it on other gooses, and this one has no stamping, and it was freee!

found a couple more !
1980s schwinn predator

1103091712a.jpg

who knows what year ? sears bmx the look with varoom grip

1117091638a.jpg

Those old throttle grips were RAD!!!Love the old pictures.Heres one of me in 84 after my cousin broke the seat tube top off.Im banging the metal back straight so we could cut it off and reweld a new one.Looked new again cause my Step Dad was a mean welder!![dont hate me because of the hat]!!HAHA

bigpineturkeyride199.jpg

Stretch, that goose looks good! Your forks are Tange MX-1200s. I have a very similar one in rough survivor shape that a buddy of mine used to race back in the early 80s. Mine has Troxel mags instead of Skyways, and I had to replace the seat post because when I got it, he had been using a piece of handlebar as a laid back post... Still has a Haro Type 2 number plate on it, but it's cracked and pretty much worthless. I'm leaving it as it is though. I'll grab some pics of my old school stuff one of these days.

bikejunkie...that photo is very cool.

I was sitting here looking at it and my four year old walked up and said...."Daddy...what does he have on his head?"

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to worry bro...I too had one of those hats back then.

I also sported one of those painters caps with a yellow and black checkerboard around the sides.

Ahhh the 80s.... :mrgreen:

Back