BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnny nightwolf said:
Stretch, that goose looks good! Your forks are Tange MX-1200s.
i thought thats what those were. :) the guy i got the bike from said they were tange. and thanks man, i really like it too!
but do you guys think im on the right track with these parts? are the period correct, or even correct to this bike? oh and what kind of bars would i need for this bike?

stretch, you're doing really well so far! Metal flanged Skyways and the dual clamp stem are definitely period correct for a late 70s, early 80s build. The seat is perfect, and the forks are the same ones on my bike. A lot of Mongooses came with Tange forks. Personal taste, I'd ditch the Ourys for some yellow Winner's Circles like I have on mine, or maybe some knock off Grab On grips, but that's just me. I think your cranks are a few years newer than the frame, but I don't know enough to say for sure. Either way, they'll look good, so use them. Just throw on some KKT Lightning pedals and you're good to go!
By the way, do you know what brand that stem is? If it's a Mongoose Gold that's slanted, I've never seen one before. It might be worth a little cash.

might be worth somethin. it has no markings that i can see. when i polish the clamp parts and paint it, ill see what i can scrounge up. i think its a newer crank too, but oh well. and of course ill have to find gold or yellow KKT pedals. :D oh and thanks junkie.

I have the bars for a normal stem,not the double clamp.Sorry bro,I took them off a Rampar MX bike.It had a double clamp and I thought it was weird it had normal bars on it.When you do get some bars make sure it doesnt have the swell spot in the bottom of your bars.And my camera is on the rag and wont retract the lens so it wont take any pics!! I just put my RL 401s on my cruiser and it looks SICK!!!!!

bikejunkie said:
And my camera is on the rag and wont retract the lens so it wont take any pics!! I just put my RL 401s on my cruiser and it looks SICK!!!!!
:lol: nice way to put it, sorry to hear that, and i know how that feels. and its ok about the bars, im in no rush to get this done. maybe by the time i have all the parts my mom will chill down and "let" me buy bikes and parts again. :lol: :wink: she doesnt know i have this goose.

Heres the 401s on my cruiser.Love the way they ride.The 175s feel better than the 170s and the jump in teeth from a 40 to a 44 is a bit different but is totally cruisable but definetly not raceable.

401cranks003.jpg
401cranks002.jpg
401cranks004.jpg

Haha,sorry bro I dont mean to post this bike again!But Im super stoked on my cranks.Ive got a line on a 6 bolt MCS stem and I think Im gonna try and make some MCS cruiser bars.

this was my vacation score, best of all was the price $150 for everything on the pictures

blue max

DSCN1229.jpg

3 motomags

DSCN1230.jpg

shotgun seat

DSCN1231.jpg

yellow acs with gold flipflop suzue hubs

DSCN1232.jpg

Diamondback Viper

DSCN1233.jpg

early 90's Diamonback tailwhip

DSCN1234.jpg

early 80's Redline

DSCN1235.jpg

84 Kuwahara Nova

DSCN1237.jpg

80's Hutch

DSCN1240.jpg

motomag

DSCN1242.jpg

Diamondback large pro

DSCN1243.jpg

87 dyno compe survivor

DSCN1244.jpg

tuff neck and spinner fork

DSCN1307.jpg

unknown bars

DSCN1309.jpg

Dyno Pretzels

DSCN1310.jpg

Early Patterson

DSCN1311.jpg

mcs 4 bolt

DSCN1312.jpg

3rd Gen profile cranks

DSCN1314.jpg

Redline Squareback

DSCN1322.jpg

red mx seat

DSCN1327.jpg

Whats up TUGA I thought you said you scored!!?? I only see a few grand sitting there and you paid $150?What a rip!!HAHAHAHA man that is one crazy sick score.congrats on that one.Once in a life time score for sure!That padlock on the sprocket is craking me up right now!!That will defer someone from stealing that bike.haha!!That MCS stem might have to fly to California!!

Sorry fellas Ive been off for a while.Just got a 4 bolt MCS stem that was in rough shape.I sanded them out the best I could,but still keeping square corners.The sides I left the same,just cleaned them up and polished the top out a little.Also got a blue Dirt Skirt and threw that on there also.Is there anyone on here from So Cal thats also on the bmx museum?We've got a ride planned for the end of the month that usually gets 40 to 60 heads out there cruizin.This time theres gonna be a stop in Sheep Hills!For those of you not knowing what Sheep Hills is.Its Gods country for bmx!!!!Crazy huge jumps and rythm sections.Anyone wanting to go bmxing hit me up for all the info!

mongooseMCSstem00950.jpg

Here are a couple of my good bikes. One is a 82 Hutch Pro Racer (Speed Unlimited built frame and fork). Had this one since new. The other is a 83 Pro Star. Have never actually rode this one!

Hutch.jpg

I literally finished this one about an hour ago and took it for a spin around the block before taking some pictures. I've been collecting parts for about 4 months now, and it was worth it. It rides sweet! Liqour Bikes are hand made in Austin from heat treated 4130 chromoly. It's really heavy, about 29 pounds fully assembled, but it feels pretty much unbreakable.
IMGP0185.jpg

IMGP0182.jpg

Here's a parts rundown:
Frame: 2009 Liquor Bikes "OG" 21"tt with custom wire brushed raw finish from factory
Fork: Subrosa "Pandora" matte raw finish
Bars: S&M "Grand Slam XLT" 8.25 rise, 29 wide
Grips: Mutiny "HJ" flangeless with S&M "Bar Tabs" bar ends
Stem: FBM bottle opener
Cranks: Profile 175mm, LHD/RHD black powdercoated
Sprocket: FBM "6 Pack" red anodized
Pedals: Odyssey "Twisted PC" plastic
Seat: Macneil pivotal
Clamp: S&M "XLT"
Back Wheel: We The People "Supreme" 9t left hand drive hub, red anodized 36h Odyssey Hazard Lite rim, 14g spokes, black on drive side, stainless on non-drive side, Mutiny hub guard
Front Wheel: We The People "Supreme" hub, red anodized Odyssey "Hazard Lite" rim, 14g black spokes, modified Knight Bikes hub guard
Chain: KMC Z-510HX
Brakes: Odyssey "Monolever" small, Odyssey linear "Slic" cable, Revenge brakes, Kool Stop pads, Knight Bikes cable hanger
Back Tire: Fit "F.A.F." 1.95
Front Tire: Fit "F.A.F." 2.25

Kona updated with Landing Gear forks,S&M Gay cruiser bars,Double wall chrome hoops,Black nipples,stainless spokes and sealed Mosh hubs that spin like butter!!

garagekona007.jpg

My 1985 Hutch Trickstar, found this one on my pizza delivery route back in 2000. It still looks the same haven't had time to restore it yet. Hoping to restore it soon. :D
HPIM0415.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

1980 Something Huffy Thunder Trail with original speedometer?(It's For Sale) Did BMX bikes come from the factory with speedometers?
What site can i go to find out what year this Huffy is?
HPIM0546.jpg

HPIM0549.jpg

19 something Schwinn Stardust(It's For Sale)
HPIM0519.jpg

HPIM0520.jpg

Assortment Of Bikes Some Bmx Hanging Up
HPIM0449.jpg

HPIM0450.jpg

HPIM0447.jpg

1980 Something Huffy Thunder 58(Where these 5 or 10 speed bikes?
HPIM0452.jpg

HPIM0454.jpg

Back