BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah ,luckily the seat is cracked rather than the frame, I wish I could get started, but I have to finish and ship a couple things out first,And I am working on a deal on a clean green Diamondback, not sure what model it is as I seen it from the back of his shed, but the rear wheel got bent 20 years ago, and it sat inside ever since :shock:

Hey JOHNNY that Dyno is comin out sweet.That flat tube downtube always reminded me of the Nomuras.Heres a pic of my completed DC Quad.

ryanstripquadhumu008.jpg

Hi like the way lots of different styles of bikes are also catered for on the RRB site
As for BMX I'm old school and have a few -just about got all the missing bits to put them back together
I enjoy all the BMXers displayed
Down Under especially in Western Australia were not as fortunate to have so many different models from that era

Would hope some one out there can help me ID this frame

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

Shes very light thinest drop-outs and Chromo

Thanks I,ll get some finished BMXers posted soon

bikejunkie said:
Very nice!!!Looks to be an early MCS Magnum.Late 70s very early 80s.Do you have the forks or any original parts for it?

Your the BEST I have spent days searching for this one at the museum sites THANKS I'm pretty sure now its a 1979 it has a four digit serial # 4?1? not stamped very well
Acourding to MCS history they were running 24hr shifts to meet demand this one must have been stamped in the "wee hours"

i was riding my bike around the park yesterday and saw a kid riding some sweet black BMX bike with all goldish-orange anodized parts. from the ayra rims, the high flange hubs, to the mx brake setup. if only i had my camera i woulda stopped him. :lol: it was definitly late 70s, early 80s.

Sorry speaking of stems,,,,,,,does anyone have a Mongoose double clamp like this Red Line!!??? Ive almost got two,but got there too late!!!AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Haha, just the one on my 81 Mongoose II. I'm looking for a double clamp stem to fit some old MX bars for my Laguna build. Right now it has Schwinn Scrambler bars and an Ashtabula stem, but I don't really like that setup on a 26.

johnny nightwolf said:
oldschoolcolo said:
bikejunkie said:
DUDE THAT IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!Youve got yourself a gold mine there.I'll give you $10 bucks for it!!HAHA
har dee har! Parted it for some major $$$

You don't happen to still have that stem, do you?

I do. I'm keepng it and the Redline V bars attached to it in the pic for a King Sting build that I've started. Double clamp stems are hard to find!! :D

STRETCH,a Ashtabula gooseneck like off a Mongoose with a single pinch bolt? I dont believe Ive seen a double clamp version of one.Hey JOHNNY lets see the Laguna!!! Is it a 20 or 26?

naw i was saying trade my double clamp stem for your single clamp ashtabula if you got one. im sick of looking for bars to fit. :roll: i also need an ashtabula crank if anyone has one.

Not to sound ignorant or anything lol but What bikes did the cranks come on and will they have ashtabula written on them? I have a few older bmx bikes i can check the cranks on them and see if i have one for you.

Back