BMX Diamondback Turbo Retro build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2007 Diamondback Reactor fully customized. Except for the bogger tires, it represents the current racing state of the art in BMX. I hope you enjoy. Don't even ask how much is in it.

I tweaked the picture for effect, but it's a tad overtweaked.

Man I am lovin the Diamond Backs!!! We just had a bmx show here in Bellflower Ca. last weekend.Jason one of the guys that went was riding his old school DB out on the track.Greg Hill was there also.Man but both your Tubos are just crazy sick!

dbteam1.jpg
DB_0031.jpg

One day bro,,,,,,One day!!!!!!haha

Well thanks very much for posting! 81 views, 1 post. By this ratio, I can tell how many people like it.

I'm working on a bike for this website, but seeing what you guys can do, it'll be an uphill battle attempting to impress anyone.

Haha,not a ton of people on here likin the bmx.Bmx Museum would show the love your lookin for,haha!!I for one is a sucker for bmx,especially Turbos.

Well, both bikes are known the world over. I know it's the internet, but both these things have gotten a lot of exposure and the "Turbo" Reactor might actually be featured in a coffee table book.

We will have to see.

Hey man. Thanks for asking. It's 46/16 gearing. With the new style of racing, it's not uncommon for BMX bikes to see speeds far in excess of what can actually be pedaled (32mph).

An average human can pedal a BMX bike to 25 mph on flat. That's about all I can do as well. Tall gearing lets you pick up the pace a little. Starting hills are steeper and with fewer and fewer pedals during the course of a race, BMX is not what it used to be.

If you look at this whole vid, you are in for quite a treat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm8b-Wym ... ature=fvwp

New pics that will be appearing in a new BMX coffee table book.

I took pics down.

Bro your bike is jaw dropping beautiful!! Im hoping to bid on a DB in a couple days.Very nice and congrats on getting into the book!

Thanks Junkie! The guy's name is Stuart from Britain. I forgot what the book is going to be called. The same guy did a book on tennis shoes that I guess was pretty cool. I wear Tennis shoes, not buy and read books about them. Anyway, in spite of some obvious dust, he seemed to really like the pictures and said I was guaranteed a feature. Pretty glad about that, but I'm not a bit surprised it got in.

honestly Im not too sure!haha.Im not too hip on the new school stuff.I would really love to have it though,cause Ive always wanted a DB!!

New school? If it's an RM 20, get it. Anything else, pass.

One of the best bikes I have is an RM20 which I got for $175.00-$215.00 shipped. It was a well used race bike and it ROCKS!

Pass on Vipers or any sort of dirt jump or freestyle. The RM20 is by far one of the best bikes ever made. They made them from 2000 to 2003.

It is totally under the radar but was $500+ new. You can get them for nothing now. They handle so well.

RM20redo.jpg

Here is what an RM20 looks like. Same bike after I went through it. Those are different forks (Answer Aluminum) and a 45 tooth chain ring that came off of a factory race Turbo, actually owned by Harry Leary. This is a 2003 model and the stock ones actually had a carbon fork from the factory. That didn't come with mine.

"RM" stands for Robert McPherson. He eventually became known as "Big Mac" and was dominant while racing for Mongoose in the mid 90's. I remember when Robert was racing when he was a little kid. Who would have thought I would be riding one of his frame designs later in life?- Crazy. Well, I'm 6'0'' and this bike fits me perfectly and is brilliant in every way.

I bought this thing after accidentally making the Reactor a show bike. I just had too much money in it to ruin it. So I bought something I could race and beat on. Now I love this thing so much I don't want to really hurt it either.

It's best attribute is that it is very stable at top speed and while airborne and totally confidence inspiring.

The RM20 frame is aluminum and weighs in at roughly 4 lbs. The Assault (dirt jumper) is very similar but steel. I think they are a shorter frame, as well. I don't know how much it weighs.

They come up from time to time so make sure you own at least one of these things before you die.

-Cheap thrust.

Wow another ....... DB!How many do you have!!??HAHA~!! I totally messed up and missed the end of the auction.It went for $51 bucks!Im pretty upset about it,but one will come my way soon enough.this is the best picture I could get.Again I could kick myself for missing this one!!!

1_3010200954630822.jpg

It looks like a '04-'05 Reactor with the decals missing. A pretty good bike.

You missed. It looks like an aluminum race bike, but the geometry is a bit old school.

Keep your eye out.

Yeah definetly! I'll have one in time.I really want to build a 24'' Turbo!I have a 24'' looptail Mongoose that im thinkin of cutting up and building one in black chrome.

Yeah Chip is pretty bad!Have you looked into the black chrome powder?Ive heard about it but havent seen it [I dont think!haha]

Black chrome powder, I have seen it in person and all I can say is that we live in interesting times. The black chrome is awesome, but it doesn't match the blue tint of the Diamondback Turbo. I would still recommend doing it.

Back