BMX Diamondback Turbo Retro build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that would be sooo sweet!Im gonna look into it! Too bad you dont live out this way,we have a ride on the 15th.Its a beach ride down at Docweilders beach.There should be a really good turn out.The last ride we had got about 50 riders out there.Just cruizin and talkin and havin fun!

Dude, lemmie tell ya what; where I live is so lame when you think- it echos.

I would love nothing more than to have people to go ride with.

A place called Mandeville, Louisiana. Crash pad for hurricane refugees. No sidewalks but tons of crazy, drug altered women in SUVs who would like nothing more than to kill you.

No.

Some politician took up over 20 miles of railroad track, sold off the scrap for untold amounts of money and replaced it with a blacktop surface and they called it the Mandeville "Trace". It's flat and basically straight. Women ride it with their children and runners run on it. It cuts through almost nothing but wooded area and is a prime location for a mugger or a rapist to do his deeds.

I can't remember hearing of anything like that, however.

We have a developed lakefront with a seawall and concrete path as well, but I'm a BMXer and I don't ride "street".

No jump areas, but we do have golf courses. They suck too.

Sounds like its time to start diggin some trails.I got tired of drivin to Sheep Hills everyday,so we dug trails in our old backyard.It backed up to city property,and we had a rythm section,2 stepups,4 mean berms,a 7 foot tall kicker and 16 foot table.We had the whole S&M team there ridin and bands playing.It was a good time there for about a year and a half,but the city plowed them.we had couches,refridgerators,tires,wood,you name it built tinto the jumps for filler haha!!It took them awhile to dispose of all that stuff.

Was it near the POW house? I remember footage from a powerline area where Lyons was doing 360s in the early 90's.

Awesome story, Bro.

Great looking DBs. I only have one older Silver Streak but have sold them since 1980. They still make a great race bike in the Reactor Pro.
Heres some pictures of my DB not nearly as nice as yours but I like it.
015-34.jpg

016-33.jpg

017-30.jpg

018-28.jpg

019-27.jpg

020-27.jpg

021-24.jpg

022-24.jpg

Back