BMX - Is this anything?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this at a Yard Sale today. The owner said his kid raced BMX and won a lot in the '80s.
He said the ELF stickers stand for Extra Light Frame. Highly doubt they are original as the red paint is rattle can.
I know next to nothing about old school BMX. Maybe you can school me? :D

Also got 2 26 in. forks and a new stem with headset parts in the deal.

Any info appreciated.

If it is indeed a ELF bike you definitely have something, I have never seen an ELF frame with the gusset though. The decals on the fork and dropouts do look right for an early ELF though.

the whole feeling I get from this bike is "low end - cheap" Just a feeling.
The rear brakes are those stamped jobs like I've seen on box-store roadmaster type bikes.
not sure if anything is original.
The owner pointed out the freewheel cog and said it is supposed to be something desirable.
I'm still wondering....

You might take the fork off and see if it has any other markings, I don't know if or how ELF marked their stuff but if the fork is ELF it might be worth more than the rest of the bike. Also look for any markings on the rim itself and the hub shell, if they are ARAYA hoops they have a bit of value, hubs if they are ACS, SUZUE, or a few others they could be decent.

deorman said:
Yes. It is an old kid's bmx bike.

:D :D I think you are Right!

The BB does not have any markings that I could see. I think the guy just had some ELF stickers lying around! :D

I'll look more later. Thanks much!

Latest posts

Back