bmx seat on old school bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for the bmx guys out there. I have a ladies schwinn suburban and I am wanting to install a bmx seat, only on problem the seat I want is PIVOTAL and I would need to use a pivotal seat post. I know for fact that the pivotal seat post is to wide for the bike, and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how to mount the bmx seat and or seat post?

Slamming it down is a good idea. Do you know if you can brake apart a pivotal seat and replace it with rails?

wow......i never would have guessed! from the seat in those pics. it doesnt really look like you could(but having never seen one before and just looking at pics who knows)....maybe someone on here has had some experience with them

Did you take the Schwinn post into a bike shop to see if they have a new style post to fit? They do come in a whole lot of different sizes. Or if you could find an el-cheapo steel pivotal post that you could get welded to the original post at about the height you want to run it, that might work too.

Back