board track frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so being a harley guy i've always loved their board track racers. when i came across this site i saw the rad green one on the main slide show (pic 13). i was just curious are there frames that can be bought that are already made for these? i live in the city and unfortunately i don't have access to to a shop so i'm kinda limited to buying and assembling with minimal chopping. thanks.

you can also make a new frame look vintage with some creative faux patina painting and select vintage parts. use the search function and see what some have done with modern mountain bike frames, and 90s era Huffy cruisers.

The brown one was a mt. bike with a 2nd bar welded on.........
boardtrack012-1.jpg

The green one was a ten speed road bike......
10speed015-1.jpg

The added bars are just pieces of conduit. I bet you could get someone at a muffler shop etc. weld it for pretty cheap if you went that route. :wink:

welding a second bar in isn't really a option for me right now. when i lived back in Vegas with a shop and a welder i would have loved to do that. Unfortunetly now I live in a small apartment in Seattle. Your bikes look really great though.

i had a question about tanks. are any replacement or aftermarket ones available or am I limited to finding old ones?

depends on what kind of frame you get....
if its a cantilever tank there are repos that are easy to find(there are also some repop straightbar and motobike tanks floating around but those go for almost as much as the originals most of the time :shock:
another option is you could make one
sactfinished012.jpg

lacucaracha010.jpg

20orlesswaitingfortank002.jpg

those are all tanks ive made

I live in an apartment also, but that doesn't slow me down at all.(i'm the super, so I have access to all the service rooms :wink: ) So talk to your buldings super/manager, ask if there's any kind of room where you could work once in a while, you never know.Probably 40% of it was done on my balcony.
This bike started as a regular schwinn 3 speed cruiser, the only original parts left on it are the rear wheel, chainguard, and chain. Every modification from the frame cut at the neck, to the engine turning on the wheels, chainguard and hand-made aluminum tank to the rattle can and brush paint and hand cut tank graphics was done by me here in the building!
It's not the space you have, but how you use it. :mrgreen:
ontheboards-1.jpg

BTATPARK.jpg

rick74304 said:
I live in an apartment also, but that doesn't slow me down at all.(i'm the super, so I have access to all the service rooms :wink: ) So talk to your buldings super/manager, ask if there's any kind of room where you could work once in a while, you never know.Probably 40% of it was done on my balcony.
This bike started as a regular schwinn 3 speed cruiser, the only original parts left on it are the rear wheel, chainguard, and chain. Every modification from the frame cut at the neck, to the engine turning on the wheels, chainguard and hand-made aluminum tank to the rattle can and brush paint and hand cut tank graphics was done by me here in the building!
It's not the space you have, but how you use it. :mrgreen:
ontheboards-1.jpg

BTATPARK.jpg
Nice job on the engine turning, just beautiful!

Latest posts

Back