Bobber:ish Rex Lyx 1936 Build. *Its DONE*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raggedjim said:
I really like the rear fender treatment, I'm assuming you drilled holes and installed grommets?

Great idea and a cool bike, Rg

Thanks!

Actually its the fender from the donor bike that i have shortend and re-rolled it to flatten it out and get the right bend to it, the grommets/rivets are like that from stock, i really like the look of it as well, glad i could use it!

Azonic said:
raggedjim said:
I really like the rear fender treatment, I'm assuming you drilled holes and installed grommets?

Great idea and a cool bike, Rg

Thanks!

Actually its the fender from the donor bike that i have shortend and re-rolled it to flatten it out and get the right bend to it, the grommets/rivets are like that from stock, i really like the look of it as well, glad i could use it!

It looks great, and gave me some ideas!

Thanks, Rg

I reckon the first small set of bars you had on it were the best.

I absolutely love this bike though! It's such a smooth build!

timtulip said:
I reckon the first small set of bars you had on it were the best.

I absolutely love this bike though! It's such a smooth build!

Thanks guys! :D

Im pretty sure i like the bars i have now best, but i might play with a few others down the road.

Found a pic of the donor bike i used to build this one.

9484477890.jpg

Re: Bobber:ish Rex Lyx 1936 Build.

I had some time in the lathe and made up a pair of brass grips, finishíng the second one this coming week.

20130223_175641_zps8075a599.jpg

20130223_175723_zpsfee7d556.jpg

Finally got time to finish off the second handle, i think it turned out really good, maybe i will cut the bars off by 1cm or so.

IMG_0070_zpsf741884f.jpg

Azonic said:
I had some time in the lathe and made up a pair of brass grips, finishíng the second one this coming week.

20130223_175641_zps8075a599.jpg

20130223_175723_zpsfee7d556.jpg
Sweet grips man ! Nice to know another machinist on the forum :)

[/quote]Sweet grips man ! Nice to know another machinist on the forum :)[/quote]

Thanks, im very new to the machinist side but i really enjoy it, a lot of fun!

Latest posts

Back