Bohemian Rhapsody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't do a whole lot today. Of course as soon as I got home I couldn't wait to get to my garage to do something (not sure what) with my bike. My friends can always tell when I am working on a new bike because I cant wait to get home, go straight to my garage and put on some tunes while I comb through my boxes and boxes of bike parts and try to come up with the perfect combination of stuff to make a really cool and different bike.

a3ygr8s.jpg

These are the grips I think I am going to use...and the pedals..they need a good scrubbing...

Spent a good part of this evening in my garage just looking at what I have done so far and trying to figure out what other colors to use. I want to make it bright and funky like gypsy/bohemian style. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do but want to wait until I am sure before I start posting more pictures. I know how this goes! I start out with an idea and it always ends up being far from what I planned. It usually turns out better!

So this is what I have so far... Its not put together yet. I just laid it all out to see what it would look like. The lighting in my garage sucks for pictures. The frame and back rim is red oxide primer. The front rim and back fender is fern green and the front fender is terra cotta and the sprocket is ocean breeze. A lot of funky colors but I think it works with the seat. I think I'm gonna go with cream colored tires. I might paint some type of simple design on the fenders just to add a little more color but I'm not sure yet. I don't want it to be too much. What do you guys think so far?
EuIYUL8.jpg

Groovy!
I think the colors work well together and crème tires will pop.
Nice save on the old stickers too.

Very nice. I like all the colors and I agree, the cream colored tires will be the cherry on top!

Johnny Bravo Approves!
4_brady_bunch_greginglasses.jpg

Heres what I got so far. Yes I know it doesnt have tires and some other things yet. Just really excited to put it together. I think I might change my mind on the red pedals and use chrome instead...not sure about a chainguard. I don't want to cover up the cool sprocket but I have some thin chainguards that might work. I really wish I had the tires RIGHT NOW!!!!! I have to wait and see when I can afford them . This may take awhile. I think putting on the cream tires will determine what I do next. Like do I want to change the grips, do I want to get funky valve cap covers and what color...? What color chain should I use etc....So many decisions!
jU2YLzm.jpg

Yes that is Brady Bunch all the way. Looks comfy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay...the more I looked at this bike the more I thought that the green had to go! I think you guys are just being nice and not saying so but that color just screams "Avacado" straight from the seventies! Anyone around my age would know what I am talking about. I'm not liking it. As with any bike I build I usually struggle with the whole color scheme unless its simple like Black & chrome or red & white etc. I always think something will look cool then I see it and change my mind. I then obsess about it, spend way too much time in my garage drinking beer and spending way too much money on cans of spraypaint that I never end up using. Im also having second thoughts about the terra cotta but am keeping it for now. I ended up repainting the front rim with the red primer. I also had these cool painted wooden fish that I put on the frame for decoration. I know...I'm a girl, cut me some slack...decorating is our thing :)
HBtBWzR.jpg

Didn't notice before, but that rim did look like Edith Bunker's fridge. :p
At least you didn't change it to Harvest Gold.:D

Latest posts

Back