Bohemian Rhapsody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...the more I looked at this bike the more I thought that the green had to go! I think you guys are just being nice and not saying so but that color just screams "Avacado" straight from the seventies! Anyone around my age would know what I am talking about. I'm not liking it. As with any bike I build I usually struggle with the whole color scheme unless its simple like Black & chrome or red & white etc. I always think something will look cool then I see it and change my mind. I then obsess about it, spend way too much time in my garage drinking beer and spending way too much money on cans of spraypaint that I never end up using. Im also having second thoughts about the terra cotta but am keeping it for now. I ended up repainting the front rim with the red primer. I also had these cool painted wooden fish that I put on the frame for decoration. I know...I'm a girl, cut me some slack...decorating is our thing :)
HBtBWzR.jpg

There is always Harvest Gold too ;)

When I was a kid our kitchen was avocado green and harvest gold. Yuck. I was always more into the 50s and 60s colors than I was into the 70s earth tones.

When I was a kid our kitchen was avocado green and harvest gold. Yuck. I was always more into the 50s and 60s colors than I was into the 70s earth tones.
Yeah, we had the harvest gold stove and fridge and matching wallpaper! I think those were the only colors they had come up with then since black and white :)

I was at a Michael's craft store tonight and I saw this peace sign bracelet and thought they would look cool as grip streamers on your build.
WP_20140624_20_25_56_Pro.jpg

I was at a Michael's craft store tonight and I saw this peace sign bracelet and thought they would look cool as grip streamers on your build.
View attachment 4216
Oh that's cool. Me likey :) Unfortunately I've had to put this bike on hold for a few days. I put my back out on Saturday and have pretty much been laid up in bed for the most part . Up and moving around today though. Hopefully by the weekend I can get back to it.

I'M BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!
So I had more Doctor ordered rest time than I could stand and went bike riding with my honey this past weekend . Just a couple of short rides down the Eastern Trail. Couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather here in Maine. Anyway..I spenta good deal of time in the garage just staring at this bike and trying to think of ideas cause I really didn't like how it was turning out so far. Thought I was trying to put too many colors from the seat in it and decided I should just use one or two accent colors. Also the whole Brady Bunch theme was turning into this stupid joke about the home décor of the 70's. Soooo, I made some changes and I think that its turning out pretty cool! Don't want to reveal too much just yet so here is a glimpse of what I have changed so far. Just wanted you all to know that I am still very much in the running :).
zfafG9Y.jpg

okay, this is annoying me! The site I usually use for posting pics is Imgur and I was going to post more pics but it seems to be down at this point and not letting me . I'll try again tomorrow and post more detailed pics than this. Goodnight all.

Cool. Is that lace painting or a fabric covered fender?

Latest posts

Back