TRADITIONAL BONINETeen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the big wheeled trike build! That group of trike photos is inspiring. Wow!
I likethe boys cruiserframe up front.

Following....Rat oN~!
Thank You @OddJob.

Here are the other two from OBC24s trike class.
20240407_130125.jpg

20240407_130115.jpg

This green stretch, if I were from scratching this build or had a stretched micargi frame lying around, those would be close to my wanted dimensions.

So that's a wide 29er for the front? I didn't know they made 29er fat tires.
29+ is kinda on the way out in MTB circles, but they're still available. 27.5+ is more practical, because it's an easy swap to a regular 29er, your expensive toy becomes more versatile, almost like 2 bikes! Anyhow, here's a list of some of the offerings, can't guarantee they're still all available or in production though...

https://bikepacking.com/index/29-plus-tires-list/

Vee speedster is probably the one that would be most interesting for the cruiser builds.
vee-speedster-tire-item.jpg

29+ is kinda on the way out in MTB circles, but they're still available. 27.5+ is more practical, because it's an easy swap to a regular 29er, your expensive toy becomes more versatile, almost like 2 bikes! Anyhow, here's a list of some of the offerings, can't guarantee they're still all available or in production though...

Vee speedster is probably the one that would be most interesting for the cruiser builds.View attachment 269501
Awesome list on that link of 29ers wider than 2.5. Thanks @MattiThundrrr

Vee speedster is probably the one that would be most interesting for the cruiser builds.View attachment 269501

I was looking at these tires initially. Have you used them before? If so, how do they look/feel?

Looks almost like snake skin. Probably sounds cool on clean pavement.

View attachment 269532
I've used Vee's 26x3.5 version. Pretty quiet compared to knobbies the same size. A bit bouncy.
20240614_142714.jpg

A full 2.5 to 3 inches taller in diameter than a 26x2.5 mounted on the same 26x100 hoops.
20240614_142802.jpg

Here is the axle height difference.
20240614_143153.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Father's day!!!

Dig the new fork! The curves match.
Thanks Lee, I thought so as well. That abrupt bend on the other forks, that I have straightened more than once seemed off on the front, but better than the plain fork.

As a little preview of things coming up next while I wait for some hubs.

For widening the fork, I dug through my bag of fun and found a widened springer crown that will work well with 5/16 spacers to the side of the fork tube pivot. Just need to take the paint off and put it on the polisher.
20240615_172542.jpg

I picked this variegated foil up whe I picked up the 29ers from Juan last summer. This will also be an upcoming add. Blue should match well. A surprise or two may happen with it as well.
20240616_102433.jpg

Gonna head to the hardware store in a bit. After I pressure wash the golf cart frame for paint.

Again, happy Father's Day!!!!

Watch out! Gonna be rolling on some Daytons!

Looking cool in the new fork. Should be pretty mean on the new hoops. 😎
Thank You Chad! It's slowly getting there.

Had some good luck this afternoon. Picked some used 270mm spokes out of one of the parts boxes and they were a perfect match for the 29er.
20240619_182452.jpg

Too bad I don't have 36 more of them.

Back