SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a plan…

IMG_9666.jpeg

… not saying it’s a Good plan. Possibly in need of some refinement. :21:

Will be gathering components in the next few weeks and expect an explosion of progress at the end of January.

Mostly chucking my name in the hat at this point.

I have a plan…

View attachment 255647

… not saying it’s a Good plan. Possibly in need of some refinement. :21:

Will be gathering components in the next few weeks and expect an explosion of progress at the end of January.

Mostly chucking my name in the hat at this point.
I think I have an idea of how this bike will ride...
giphy-4238669894.gif

imageproxy-448729411.gif

Needless to say, this is going to be a very entertaining build!

Boondoggle​

n. A boondoggle is a project that is considered a waste of both time and money, yet is often continued due to extraneous policy or political motivations.

-or-

Noun. A wasteful and worthless project undertaken for political, corporate, or personal gain.

… Although I spell it differently, for a reason.
Also, I’ve ditched the idea of the 3:4 reaonance wheels in favor of two round ones. I was pressured by science and tradition. :happy:Parts ordered.

Glad you decided to come a-round... I doubt the kidney's and inner organs, would have appreciated the ride.
1704954401121.png

Boondoggle​

n. A boondoggle is a project that is considered a waste of both time and money, yet is often continued due to extraneous policy or political motivations.

-or-

Noun. A wasteful and worthless project undertaken for political, corporate, or personal gain.

… Although I spell it differently, for a reason.
Also, I’ve ditched the idea of the 3:4 reaonance wheels in favor of two round ones. I was pressured by science and tradition. :happy:Parts ordered.
In German we have the word "Wolkenkuckucksheim" for something like that. It literally would translate to "cloud coucous home"...

Not much of an update.

An order of parts that shoulda shipped last week is “held up by the weather.”

Not ready to weld until next week anyway.

I got this seat from @gigmata some time ago. Not quite the same color as the tires, but you can see the direction of the scheme.

IMG_9747.jpeg

I have pedals!

IMG_9757.jpeg

It’s a small update, but they’re used, and fit my shoes and the other bikes, so that’s OK.

Also been warming up the welding. Pulsing, one at “rule of 33s,” another at 5% background, 30% on, 1.5 PPS.

IMG_9758.jpeg
IMG_9759.jpeg

Not very patient on the practice pieces, so the HAZ is bigger than it should be. but the beads are looking consistant, and no burn throughs, so, yeah. Monday Funday! 😄

I have pedals!

View attachment 257458
It’s a small update, but they’re used, and fit my shoes and the other bikes, so that’s OK.

Also been warming up the welding. Pulsing, one at “rule of 33s,” another at 5% background, 30% on, 1.5 PPS.

View attachment 257459View attachment 257460

Not very patient on the practice pieces, so the HAZ is bigger than it should be. but the beads are looking consistant, and no burn throughs, so, yeah. Monday Funday! 😄
Very nice welds there!
The only problem I have with that... is that those make MY welds looks like:
national geographic ocean GIF by Nat Geo Wild

:rofl:

… I’ll write up more of my experience this week at a later time. Currently relaxing from the long week and enjoying the moutain air with my wife.

… and a BREW!
:rofl::21:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back