Bottom Bracket Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am helping a friend build a bike and have never worked with this type of bottom bracket. I know from the picture you can't tell me what size but hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

This requires a BMX style setup correct? Does the bearing fit directly in the silver sleeve that came installed on the frame or is there a bottom bracket cup that gets pressed in? The flange on the inside and outside are curved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For reference this is a Worksman Industrial Newsboy frame.

caged bearings ride in those BB cups. one piece cranks have the cone shape, fit inside bearings.

You need a bottom bracket like this one: http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...pc-24tpi?page_context=search&faceted_search=0 That's the oem part for that bike.
22159.jpg

The 2 biggest parts towards the center, those are already installed in your buddy's frame. You can leave'm or knock'm out and press in the replacement ones.
these only work with one piece cranks; make sure your crank's threads match the bottom bracket; most are 24tpi, but Schwinn and old Mongoose are 28tpi.

HTH,
Rob

Thanks, @Pookie42 and @Wildcat , for liking my response, b/c it allowed me to revisit this thread... i just wanted to point out that my post above just gives info on how to run the 1-piece cranks that come standard on Worksman INBs, but there are plenty of other options if you want to run 2- or 3-piece cranks on that bike. Do a search on here, or just ask.... but i think the one-piece set up is probably your best option for right now. :113: Good luck with the build, @Jonathan Inaba --- those are fun frames to wrench on...

Latest posts

Back