Bridgstone Blouson aka The Tron Bike, reassembly update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just picked this up the other day.
Blouson1.jpg

Blouson2.jpg

Blouson3.jpg

I have a general idea of where I'm going to go with this bike now, so let the build begin!

Colors
Blouson5.jpg

Breakdown
Blouson4.jpg

Re: Bridgstone Blouson aka The Tron Bike

that is a wicked cool bike. I'm a bit of a Bridgestone fan.

That thing is awesome! Almost looks like it has a bottom bracket shell for a head tube.

That is really cool to know.

Full breakdown
Blouson6.jpg

The metallic blue paint, I like!
Blouson7.jpg

I'm might of make this a tech showcase type of bike, it may take awhile but I'm thinking of having a cell phone mount with charger to have gps and listen to MP3s, also the magnetic type of rear flashing light. Any other cool tech toys out now for bikes?

Seeing the frame stripped down, it reminds me of a few folding bikes. Even shares some geometry with a Raleigh Twenty (sorta).

Thanks guys, I hadn't thought about it looking like a folder but it does since they share a single frame tube.... [scaryvoice]from the future[/scaryvoice] :lol:

Here's a couple update photos
sanded
Blouson8.jpg

Primered
Blouson9.jpg

color coat
Blouson10.jpg

after light sanding and clear coat, still needs wet sanding
Blouson11.jpg

OK, so I'm trying to figure out charging a cell phone/running front and rear lights. I'd like a full dynamo system but I don't want to rebuild the wheels and get into the cost of dynamo hubs. I also want to avoid something with high drag, so not bottle generators. Here's two choices:

1. This chain dynamo, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Chain-C ... 4173626bb1
Pros: costs only ~$50, charges a phone and might be able to run lights off it too. Cons: it looks cheap (not sure how well it will hold up), produces 5v so I don't know i it will work with 6v lights, don't know how many watts, won't keep lights on while stopped

2. This spoke generator, http://www.ebay.com/itm/330685818054?ss ... 1438.l2649
Pros: costs only ~$100, charges phone and has built in lights (would still need a better tail light option), Many purchased=better reputation, has on board battery to keep lights on while stopped. Cons: trying to find a tail light to work with it (perhaps I can modify a usb plug from the charger outlet to power a tail light)

Any other ideas out there?

The color is perfect.

Those are cool options. I have only seen the Dynamo hubs.

unusual frame but very interesting build :) :)

another alternative to wheel covers is to use the L.E.D bike lights green *KIT BOTH WHEELS* - safety spoke wheel lights
$T2eC16N,!)cE9s4PsSNhBR,5pwsplQ~~60_35.JPG

normaly i wouldn't suggest something like this but i think its apropriate for a something called the tron bike

Back